Went Six Flags Great America on Monday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
So, I went to Six Flags Great America w/ 2 cousins on Monday. We had fun, until we rode my favorite roller coaster Iron Wolf. It's a standup coaster and was my first looped roller coaster when I was FINALLY tall enough to ride them when I was 10. So I had to ride it. BAD IDEA. It bangs the heck out of your head. My poor cartilidge piercing on my left side was bleeding when we got off of it. I still have a headache from it.

The next day, I called my sister to tell her about what happened (she's on vaca in FL...lucky duck) and she started laughing. She said as we were talking about it, she flipped to CNN and there was a video of Iron Wolf at GA with a caption underneith that said "Six Flags Shaky Ride?" and it was something about people complaining the day we went there. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find the video on CNN's site.

But it was interesting. Posted below are 2 videos of the ride. One of it and one on it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED3D8pnyRzs]On the ride[/ame] (notice the shakiness of the camera, yeah that's how it looked to me as my head was being banged around. I had to lean to the right to avoid getting shook so much. BTW, that video was from 2 years ago and it's WORSE now. This coaster did not age well).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2VY5kZseX4&feature=related]Just the ride.[/ame]

It makes me so mad. It used to be so much fun. BTW, my head still hurts.:shock:

I am scared of roller coasters, and most rides in general.

Last time I went to Six Flags was too many years ago to count. Friends conned me onto the Ninja. I rode it once - the belt thing got stuck on me so they sent me back through. Tried to loosen me out again and it tightened to where I almost couldnt breathe.

Idiot suggested me going through once more before trying another release. I *knew* the **** latch would come unstuck during the ride and I'd fall out and die so I had a mild panic attack, made more than a mild scene - and have never gone back.

I hate theme park rides. And prices, for that matter!

One coaster I went on in the UK actually ripped one of my earings out it shook so bad, so I can sympathise with that.

As I've got older, my head can't take all the shaking on coasters now (old age is great - NOT). Couple of years back Jonh and I went on the Hulk at Universal Studios in Florida (me under much protest) I closed my eyes all the way and prayed for it to end - and when it did they had to prise my fingers open I was holding on so tight :p.

Hope it didn't spoil the rest of your day.

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
One coaster I went on in the UK actually ripped one of my earings out it shook so bad, so I can sympathise with that.

As I've got older, my head can't take all the shaking on coasters now (old age is great - NOT). Couple of years back Jonh and I went on the Hulk at Universal Studios in Florida (me under much protest) I closed my eyes all the way and prayed for it to end - and when it did they had to prise my fingers open I was holding on so tight :p.

Hope it didn't spoil the rest of your day.

Jan
Ouch Jan! :?

BTW, I love the Hulk roller coaster! It's my favorite. :)It's scary, but it is newer so it's much smoother. Iron Wolf is about...15 years old. Still though, I never had a shakier ride.

It didn't spoil the rest of my day. My cousin took care of that part. See, my family usually goes a whole day to a park, mostly because we didn't have a lot of money and since you pay a lot, you might as well stay. My cousin wanted to leave at 4:30pm. :whateverSo we did. That kinda stunk.

My head feels better, but now I have a sinus infection because I was out in the rain all day Monday at the park.

Eeek! How scary! Especially if other people were complaining about it too! :?

I can sort of sympathise with that...

A big theme park here, Alton Towers, has a ride called the Corkscrew. It's one of the oldest coasters there, but still a goodie. However, it throws your head around in ways you wouldn't believe! I alway have a headache after getting off of it...

Sadly, due to my balance disorder, I can't go on roller coasters at the moment, I don't really need to! I feel like I'm spinning round etc just sitting still, let alone actually having it happen :? I miss them so much! I used to love the dizzy feeling after being on a white knuckle ride, but now I know it all too much lol..

Another funny story from a theme park, you know the pirate boat rides? They rock back and forth quite steep, but never all the way around? Well, me and my best friend went on one of those at Alton Towers, and it just so happens she has a terrific fear of marshmallows. Literally, can't stand to be near them, will run screaming if you put one near her! Well, we got on the ride, got strapped in, and then we noticed... For some reason, there were mallows.... All over the ride! Someone had obviously had a bag and spilt them everywhere, but there was 2 on the seat right next to her, looking very suspicious!! :biggrin2: Then, we noticed, there were about 5 or 5 dotted all about the floor, but centimetres from her feet, and then more on the seats/headrest in front. She held my hand the tightest she could and prayed for it all to be over, while I yelled to our 2 friends that were standing watching us 'MARSHMALLOWS! THERE'S MARSHMALLOWS ON THE RIDE!!!!!! OMG YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!' Needless to say, my friends couldn't hear what I was saying, and my best friend was less than impressed, whilst I just could not stop laughing the whole way...

Then, later on, she spoke to her boyfriend at the time, and told him about the 'Mallow incident'. What did he say? He said (and I could hear it down the phone sat next to her) 'OMG!!! ARE YOU OK???' and I swear I just about fell off my chair laughing... I have never laughed so much ever... My friend, was again, less than impressed, and I tried to apologise, but I couldn't, because I was laughing so much lol...I'm a terrible friend!

So sorry for the lengthy hijack! I hope they do something about that ride soon so others don't suffer the same pain!

Sorry again! :?

Jen xx

Oh you will never ever catch me on a roller coaster...or any other ride that goes up in the air or goes really fast lol....i'm very happy and content with my feet firmly on the ground lol.

Wow! I got a headache just from watching it!

I love a good roller coaster, but I've found so many of the theme parks have crazy coasters that I just pay for later. I've gotten stiff necks and headaches - so it's just not worth it anymore.

Hope you feel better soon..

Latest posts

Back