Well, today's my last day at my current job

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
Why is leaving a job so incredibly hard. I'm been somewhat emotional since yesterday.

But this morning, I woke up and it just kept running through myhead. Your not ever going back to this job aftertoday. And I got here and there are flowers, cards andballoons all over my desk with just the nicest notes.

Needless to say I can't seem to stop crying. This is really agood company and wonderful people here. I had to call myboyfriend and ask ....are we sure I'm doing the right thing?I know i am. I know God pointed me in this direction, but itis just so hard.

On a good note, we're having a girls sleep over at my mom's housetonight. Me, my daughter, my sister and my mom. Ithink it will good therapy for me.

Hi babymommy,

Yes, it is so hard to leave a place that you enjoy - along with thepeople. If worst came to worst, they'd probably take you backif you really wanted.

Trust your instincts and keep your focus. You did the rightthing by taking on the other job as it'll work better for youfinancially and fit a better schedule for you and yourdaughter. Losing one, gains another. Change isalways hard, but it seems that in hindsight, the change always seems towork out for our highest good.

Tonight's Girl's Night will be a lot of fun. I know you'llall enjoy yourselves. Treat yourself with extra TLC today andthis weekend. It's hard to make the transition, but one youfelt was necessary and important. I'm sure you wereright. Try not to second-guess yourself too much, it'll justupset you more.

-Carolyn

thank you Carolyn.

I had got the crying under control when one of our Executive VP's cameby. He said he just found out and was saddened that I wasleaving. He said I couldn't go, because I didn't ask hispermission first. I was doing ok, until he asked why I wasleaving. and that's the part that's so hard. Mostlarge corporations when you think of Executives, you think, stuffy,cold people. I am fortunate here that for the most part wehave some real down to earth kind of people.

I think if I can just get past today and Monday at the new job I'll beok. My department is taking me to lunch today so I'm sureI'll cry some more. What's that saying??????????IT'S MY PARTYAND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO.

Cry if you need to. It'sokay.

How nice they're making such a big deal out of it. Obviouslyyou're very well respected and highly regarded. I'm sure thatwill pass over to your new job as well.

I have been in those shoes though, and it's very difficult.My heart goes out to you, but I do believe this is the best for you andyour daughter.

-Carolyn

Grats on new position first off....

Change is hard as Carolyn said and soon as you start to settle intoyour other job then things will feel a little more normal to yas.

I wish the company I worked for would care that much about theiremployees as yours cares for you. I work for a major Airlinecorp and with the things they have done in the 5yrs that Ihave been there I have been considering looking for a new job as wellbut GOD I'll miss my flight benefits and the other agents I workwith. Sad to say I wouldn't miss the management because theyare those cold people that just doesn't care about the little people inthe company.

I never realized how bad we were treated by management until I actuallytook a step back going from when I first moved here to Virginia theygave us the option with our San Francisco office closing we picked whatwe wanted then dropped the bomb of a 14% pay cut and if we choose notto take it then instead of lay off we are choosing to quit the companyall together so in other words take it or too bad so sad. Nowa couple years later after things seem to be going ok and we finallyget that 14% back they are now discussing an 11% pay cut with cuts toour medical benefits with us paying 30% of them now and taking away ourretirement and then have the nerve to post that we are hiring newpeople?

So be thankful that you are so respected and well appreciated where youworked and crying is normal heck I cry at anything Ima bigbaby!

Good Luck to you in your new adventure.

Marie

I know how you feel. It's not easy leaving a goodjob with people you adore. I made the choice to leave my last job andmove to Canda and it was SO hard saying good bye to them. They were thebest, down to earth company that I've ever worked for, not to mentionmy first "real" job.

*hugs*

Good luck on Monday and let us know how it goes!

Back