Well this certainly explains alot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehowl

Reaction score
I posted a few days ago about my foster Delilahbeing a little difficult. Well, I noticed she has been scratching ather ears alot, so I got the ok from the humane society to take her into the vet. And she has a yeast and bacterial infection in her ears. Nowonder she doens't want anyone touching her ears! Poor girl has hadouchy ears all this time. And the vet suspects that she may notactually be spayed because she appeared to be in heat today when sheexamined her. So that too would explain why she has been so territorialand cage aggressive. Just being a hormonal female. I am hoping this isthe case and once she does get spayed she will calm down a bit.

Melissa

Aww poor girl, hope she gets better soon:(

But you might want to find a new vet, rabbits don't go into heat, a vetshould know this.:? An egg is released during the act of mating, theyhave no cycle.

Hmm, I did not realize that, and I'm verysurprised she didn't either. She is very experienced with rabbits. Iactually work at the vet clinic with her and she sees rabbits all thetime. I'll have to have her clarify what she said.

Melissa

You are right - but a breeder can tellwhen a rabbit really wants to mate (several days at a time) becausetheir privates are a bright red that is moist.

I suspect this is what the vet meant!

Peg

Michaela wrote:

But you might want to find a new vet, rabbits don't go into heat, a vetshould know this.:? An egg is released during the act of mating, theyhave no cycle.

TinysMom wrote:
You are right - but a breeder can tell when a rabbitreally wants to mate (several days at a time) because their privatesare a bright red that is moist.

I suspect this is what the vet meant!

Peg

Michaela wrote:

Oh I see! Thanks Peg!

I feel silly now:blushan:

Latest posts

Back