Well now, this would explain a few things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
My beauty queen Valura. I am in shock you guys!!!!!!! However, it does explain a few things.

Yesterday I picked up Valura and was petting her. She doesn't exactlylove being held, but is much more tolerant of it than the other two.Well. I was holding her with my left hand on her "butt", the lower backby her tail, with her facing me so i could see her belly. Don't askwhy, just had the urge. So guess what I see. Two testicles!

Yes. My little baby girl is not a girl. I am still in shock over thisand can't think of her as a he quite yet. Also, I am in love with thename Valura, but that is clearly not a name for a boy, so we're back atsquare one.

You may remember my post about Valura and Chompers fighting andchasing. This explains it! He's four and a half months old, plus someactually, so I put a call in this morning to my vet to get his surgury,which is next Friday.

Still, can you believe this beautiful face is a boy??

ahahahahaha....between you and Buck, hese poor bunnies are going to have identity issues! :D

LOL. I guess Precious will join the club then. Maybe I should have dressed him in drag for halloween!!!!:D

I didnt know he was a boy when I bought him. The name stuck (he answers to it) so I'm reluctant to change it.

Lanna

Trying not tolaugh...

Well, nowwe know poor Valurahas been dealing with MALEteenage hormones running rampantthrough his body.He also probably has an gender identitycrisis (Can you say "a boy named Sue") I can imagine hisMommy will be doling out extra love and snacks for a while!And my poor Chompers!I can only imaginewhat he thought you were up to...Trying to remove his freedom ofchoice! :X

Maybe the last item on our cheat sheetfor new bunny owners should be DOUBLE CHECK YOUR RABBIT FOR SEXUALORGANS! :cool:

Raspberry

I know, it is pretty darn funny when you think about it.

I gotta say though, when we bought him (I am still having a hard timein my head calling him a he!), he was sexed by someone who has rabbitsherself. Dave and I looked, but I have to be honest, like we know whatwe're looking at! I told him yesterday, as if I know what a rabbit'spenis looks like. All I know is that those are testicles for sure. Nomistakes there. You kinda can't miss them. My boy is endowed.

Hahahahaha...poor Mr. Valura! Well, Val is still a guy's name, like the actor. Hmm...that's quite funny though!

Lissa wrote:
I think my Iszabel is a hermaphrodite. :shock:
Don't laugh, we already had one of those. Our first rabbit,Montie, was a hermaphrodite, but it acted so masculinly that we all,Montie and the does included, treated it as if it was a "him."

Buck

Does anyone else think of Monty Python when Buck says that??

I kinda just want to keep the name Valura, if only because I love it so much.

And Buck, I know you're going through the same thing as I am too. What's up with the Bunny Universe lately?

Well at least I am not alone!!! I tookone of our buns to the vet last week -she had the sneezes.The vet was quite happy to inform me that she is a HE!! well the ladywe got him from said he was a girl and not having much experience withbunnies I took her word for it. I went right home and checkedthe other one. I have two males. So Pippy is nowPappy.

But when you talk about names we have a female cockatiel namedJack. When we bought her a companion what else could we namehim? Jill of course.

Is it just me or are we having a wave of mistakenidentities?.. Has anyone seen BunnyMommy around much because I sayshe's replacing rabbits and taking the sweet ones for herself without acare about gender! ;)

As for me... I'm about to go outside and check my boys (or girls?) lol.So yea, the vet told me they're boys, and they have both been neutered,but you never know!

Buck Jones wrote:
Lissa wrote:
I think myIszabel is a hermaphrodite. :shock:
Don't laugh, we already had one of those. Our first rabbit,Montie, was a hermaphrodite, but it acted so masculinly that we all,Montie and the does included, treated it as it was a "him."

Buck
Whoa. :shock:

Our neighbors had acat named Irene and about a year later I noticedthey referredto it as Mr. Irene....I guess in this thread that is pretty selfexplanatory!

Latest posts

Back