welcome Princess Sophie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell8684

Reaction score
Sophie and I are new to this site, as well as new to each other, my husband got her for me for my birthday (Nov 26) and she was the most excellent gift. I am currently working with her on litter training, and turned my doorless walk in closet into her own area (of course moving everything up onto the shelves where she cant get to anything). Once she gets better idea of the litter bos she will be a free roam bunny :) Any help or suggestions for a first time indoor-apartment-bunny owner, please let me know!! Thanks in advance to everyone ;) Have a wonderful morning!:happyrabbit:

PS: Also, I am unsure of her breed since the sign at the pet store said

mixed rabbits. I Do know however she is somewhere between 2-4 months old.

awww how lovely.

you have the same birthday as my mum and my best friends name is sophie :)

post pics of your girl and hopefully some of the smart people here will be able to tell you what breed she is :)

:)hello from me and my rexes - who approve of you giving up your closet for your bunny. i've given up my utility shed for them:)

there are some great ideas for cages and housing on the forum - check out the dedicated section:)

thanks for the advice about the dedicated section, i'm still learning my way around this site, its also my first time ever joining a forum, and i figured that becoming a first time house bunny ownerwas a good reason :)

One thing we did with the litter boxes is to vary them. Some have shredded newspaper while other have kiln dried Pine. Some are open and others are covered over with boxes--the double box apple crates are the best for this type. Our bunnies like to play in the paper and just hang out--also, the cardboard is a great chewing medium for them and is cheap and easily replaced.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
also, the cardboard is a great chewing medium for them and is cheap and easily replaced.

definitely!! i dont know where i'd be without cardboard for my two. boxes make a great house and they love the tubes stuffed with hay.:)

forgot to add that i checked out Her Highness' pics in the gallery - that is one very cute spoilt bunny!

thank you for the compliment :) i love her so much.. my hubby just made her a cardboard castle type play pen!! will upload pix soon. everyone on this forum is sooo nice!!

you can post pics in the main part of the forum - general bunny pics tend to be posted in the Rabbits Online section - the first one under the heading Bunny Business.

look forward to seeing the pics - it doesnt take too long for husbands to fall under the bunny spell:p

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Cute bunny, hard to resist lop eared bunnys.I have some info on how to post pictures at the bottom.Nice to have someone local, well sort of, join the forum. Garrett is a nice town, my wife has familythere. Its been a while and I can't think of the name, but weuse to go to aice cream place at the intersection of Hwy 8 and 327.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

wabbitdad: thank you very much for the uselful information on the forum... ive never used a forum and ive never owned a bunny LOL so this is all kind of greek to me at the moment! everyone on this site is so friendly and helpful and has made me feel very welcome.. thanks to all the help from you and all the other members here - sophie and i have had a WONDERFUL first couple of days together, she is doing so well with her litter training, we seem to be a really good match :) shes actually sitting here next to me on the couch as i type.
once again -- thank ALL of you for making us feel so welcome here, sophie and i are very happy we found a community full of friends!!

Back