WeirdZ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
I'm a collector of all things weird and misfit.I have a dog with a kink in her tail, i've had finless fishes, I have adog who is for serious, mentally retarded (he's a special needssnausage) , for a while I had a rabbit with hald a foot one one hindleg and 3 toes missing on the other side ( I gave him to a little girllast summer), and currently my mother is leasing a horse with nobrains. ( Ask me why I graduated on crutches a few years ago...grrrrr.)

So you may know about the Enderbies I've picked up recently. I domostly raise dutch and french lop and so I was at the show in Medinaand I was looking over the raffle table and for the only time in mywhole life there was a dutch being raffled off so of course it caughtmy eye. But she was labeled as ''pet quality'' and didn't have papersand I immediately saw why. Her saddle was skinny and she had blackelbows and a huge white tip on one ear an she looked a little big and Ipicked her up and someone must have been feeding her bricks orsomething. And I was like '' oh em gee you're such a misfit dutch'' andshe was like '' yeah I know but i'm cute but little do you know you'regoing to try and win me anyways and i'm going to show my gratitude bybiting you.''

Oh, well ok deal. There was no way her blood was being introduced intomy herd, but no one tried to win her on saturday so I felt bad. Beingthe amazingly kind hearted individual that I am, I put some tickets inher baggie and won the little girl. I was the only one who entered.Poor bun. I originalyl said ot myself '' Jesse...you have noroom....you're expecting 6 litters of babies in 4 days...your familywill disown you...again...don't do it...don't do it....buy sometickets...'' I really iddn't want to get her but...I took one look intothe eyes....and walked away. Then I walked backwards and I was all like''OOOOOHHHHHH'''. (see photo). So yeah I won the dutchie.

Iv'e decided to name her Cymry....after a blue-eyed horse in a bookseries I like to read. She's beautiful. And absolutely insane. She soafraid of people I wonder what someone did to her. The very sight of mesends her tearing off into her box at warp speed. If I hooked a fluxcompacitor up to that doe she'd probably generate a good 1.21gigawatts. The sound of my voice nearly gives her a heart attack. Ireached into her cage the other day tot ake her out and work with her abit...and I reached intot he box and BOING! There goes the bunny. Itwas 8:00Pm and freakin' darker than the inside of a cat outside and...my new bunny is gone. Great.

But I could see that shiny white saddle evading me. I chased the whiteblob allt hrough the woods for 30 minutes around a haystack and inbetween saplings and I tried tossing my coat over her. Eventually shejust sat there and I talked to her and grabbed her and she squealed andsquealed and squealed and didn't shut up fpr about a minute. Sheseriously thought she was dying or something and Ifelt so awful. So Itook her inside and groomed her and talked to her and shtuff. And she'slike '' don't eat me!'' and I was all like '' I'm not hungry! Let mebrush you!'' and she's all liek '' i'm goign to eat this hay! OMG i'mgonna die! WTF"

So she chilled on my lap for a bit and i thought she was settling downand I was like '' aww...pretty gir..YAAH!!'' and she bit me. And i'mall like '' you bit me #%#^!!!' and she's all like ''Youtastegooddon'ttouchme!'' And I was like ''fine, rabbit.''

But now she'll let me pet her and she'll run to the cage door when shesees me comin' down with the food food and she's kind of protetive ofher space and will try to rake me if I reach into the back but its allgood. I'd only had her about a week at the time so I was amazed at herprogress.

The End.

this is an interesting post and you do seem have had many strange animals!

the only stange animal, in looks,i can think of is my friendsguinea pig has an extra toe, another is broken so sticks out at a funnyangle and has only 1 eye. poor thing!

This is Sugar, a 10 month old mixed breed dogcurrently in the East Valley animal shelter. Her ownersturned her in because they were moving and couldn't take her withthem. They said that she was hit by a car as a young puppywhich caused her right front leg to atrophy. You can't seeher whole leg in this picture, however. Even with herdeformity, she loves to run. Not to mention she thinks she'sa lap dog. Silly girl. The sad part is that herreview date has long since passed, and it is only a matter of timeuntil the shelter runs out of room for this wonderful puppy.Unless, of course, someone finds the room in their heart to take herin. Hopefully a rescue will take her in, but you never know.

my dogmookie has a crooked leg...we've had him at several vets to get it looked at and theres nothingreally they can do but fuse the leg stiff...but he is soactivewe thought that would just bother him..ithappens toalot ofbassets

my dogMaxhas acrooked nose... he got runover by a car when he was little.. he was sleeping under it and didntwake up when it started... his pallet was broke

my american toad poofy has three legs

and Slinky (R.I.P:() my skink had two legs

JAK Rabbitry wrote:
She's a cute puppy. With such a cute face! Pitt mix? Boxer?
Shepherd mixed with something or other. I don'treally know. She's a real sweetheart, as in, she climbed upinto someone's lap to cuddle.

I love big dogs that think they're tiny.
bigdog.jpg

^ my wolf dog.

It was a crazypsychodelic time… Nah its dye, I work as a dog groomer we have allthese crazy doggie dyes, so my sister and I dyed the cat, her namesLucy, for a few months she was PUNKROCK Lucy:colors:

Update: Last time I was in theshelter, Sugar wasn't there anymore. I'm going tohope/pray/assume that she was adopted and not the horrible otheroption.

So, yay for Sugar, who is definately in a better place.

Are Harli-dwarves recognized? I know they jsutrecently recognized brokens. I wonder if they're just trying to find away to make the dwarf class take even longer to judge. haha! I remebmerthe one time I was waiting to show my dutches...and I waited throughlike 4 breeds and finalyl they were ont he one before dutch... and thenthey scribbled out DUTCH and wrote ''moved to whoeve's table'' and Iwas like ......???....AAAHHH!!! So I went over there and they wroteDutch right underneath NETHERLAND DWARF. And I was like.. ''Well....itsnot so ba..ARRGGHHHHHHH" ..

The End.

LMAO - No the Harlequins are notrecognized in the Netherlands, and I know what you mean withthe time it takes to judge them. I love all the colors myselfand they are a very challenging breed with alot of Competition.

Yeah I know, I used to show Mini Rex but thatgot old real fast. They have a good handful of colors to go throughalso, including broken. And soooo many peopel raise mini rex. So I soldout and kinda said eff that. And I got into Belgians and EnglishAngoras instead. But I really jsut do the Dutch and French Lop.

The End.

Here are pics of my 2, one eared rabbits! They were born like this, along with their brother, some kind of birth defect!

Brandy

Pets259.jpg

Thumper

Pets252.jpg

Whoa....I mean...just...whoa.

Do you think it's heriditary? Are you keeping them for pets orbrood? They look like grand dutch rabbits otherwise! Whatcharacter! Maybe you shuold try to develope a new breed of unicorndutch.

I actually got them free to a good home, theyhad been advertised for 6 weeks but nobody wanted them because of theear missing, but i was told they were all born like this. I would loveto breed them, but i live at home so my mum won't let me lol, but wouldit not be dangerous to breed them having a deformity? both parents werenormal, and these guys came out!

It would only be bad if the deformity werehereditary. It could have been just a mishap that happened in the womb,maybe they were laying in there wrong and the ears just didn't get todevelope right, or maybe there is just a genetic problem. Whoknows. I like your unicorn rabbits.

Latest posts

Back