WeirdZ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or the mother could have been new and "overgroomed" them. Meaning they where born with two ears but onegot nibbled off soon after birth. They would grow up lookinglike a birth defect.

But it's not something I would risk though. If it his hereditary, it's not something that should be passed on.

--Dawn

Yeah, it wouldn't be best to breed them, there'sreally not way to tell if it's heriditary or not. When i worked at apet store we had one rabbit have a litter...and two of the babies grewup with deformed back legs. It was the same leg and the same exactdeformity. They were kind of longer and it looked like the entire bonestructure in the leg had just bowed out. It kinda looked more likesomething funky that heppend int he womb. Kind of like I have a littleding in my skull where I guess I laid up against my mum's ribs orsomthing when I was the cutest fetus ever. But my kids won't havedinged skulls unless they decide to sleep on my ribs for 9 months.

I told pet store owner guy I would find a good home for the bunnies(since he couldn't put them out for sale) and I had some peopleinterested and I came to work one day and the bunnies were missing andthe snake had two lumps :X

I too ka pic of them, lemme see if I can find it, if I find it i'll post. I completely forgot about them until now.

I didn't find the pic of the pet store bunnieswith the wierd legs, but I did, in my search through old files, stumbleacross this old picture I found online once. It's a rabbit that wasdiscovered on my birthday in the rainforest and I thuoght it was justbeautiful. IT almost doesn't look like a rabbit. I can't really offermuch more info on it, so don't ask. But if anyone can find more info onit, I think rainforest bunny would be a grand additon to the Weirdzthread!

I have a petstore bun with a deformed back leg.The pet store owner sold him to my neighbor as "snake food" when he wasjust a kit. One of his back legs when folded is upside down. He can useit and hops arround just fine. He mostly leaves it kicked out to theside. He has no idea that he is not a perfect spoiled rotten bun.

This pic is a good example of his leg, this was taken shortly after we got him.

KIF_0889.jpg

dbhf.jpg

Here's a newer one:

jan07allpics075.jpg

"Got an itch, I just can't scratch with this crazy leg.."

bun.jpg

Oh em gee he's so crazy lookin'! I love it!

Funny, doesn't look like snake food to Jesse.

My art teacher said she was at some lady's farm getting a dog orsomething....and she had a rabbit there with messed up ears....insteadof being normal bunny ears side by side....they were one in front ofthe other. and she said she felt bad for it and wanted to take it homebut her husband wouldn't let her. Lame.

I feel so bad for animals that get labeled as"un-adoptable" because of defects. Would a hospital feed a human childto a snake because it was born with a deformity?? I think not.

He is my first rabbit and only rabbit and he is the sweetest little guy. I love him to pieces.

Haha, I love the first pic of him with his leg all up in the air flashin' people.

Can I edit it and put him loungin' on the beach? I was gonna just do itand post it but I didn't want you to think I was mocking him.He needs a little umbrella drink....and a european bathing suit....

Yes, I always thought it was cute. It's catchy too. I used to get it stuck it my head and start singin' it in the wierdest places. I'd be like...ordering lunch somewhere...

"I'm a piggy big and chubby what can I eat? .... oh snap.."

Latest posts

Back