Weirdest...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bun~Bun wrote:
Starina wrote: lol That's just likeBun-Bun. Any type of rustle of a bag - may it even be a trash bag - hewill pop up on his hind legs sniffing around and looking at me likehe's saying, "Treats!! Food!!"

He also likes Oatmeal Cookies, popsicles, Peanut Butter, andthose freezed dried veggies in those ramen noodle cups(Yuck!! I justgive those to him!!)

SHe hears the chip bag rustle and she gets that look in her eyes. :shock:

~Star~

It's funny when I get out the parsley bag and shake it, Angel starts binkying in her cage-too cute.

This an interesting topic , I would have thoughtall of these foods were forbidden? Can they really eat all ofthis? I assume just little bits here and there?When we bought Lucy we were told that they love Nilla Wafers, if factwhen I talked to the breeder himself he said that he gives his adults 1per day. Is that okay?

Joy

No, it really should be once in awhile. Like Craisens should only be once or twice a week b/cof the sugar. Angel only gets a french fry once a week ormost of time less, once a month. The oatmeal creme pie was afluke, it was funny though! Most things are fattening so Iwould say no more than once a week or so.:D

Rabbits are a lot like humans, in that they like high-carb, often high-fat stuff - and sugar. But it's not good for them.

For my part, I stick to small pieces (really small) of banana or apple(no seeds!) for treats, occasionally alternating these with a piece ofcarrot or a small grape tomato. Bunnies' g.i tracts aren'tmade for processing starches, fats and high amounts of sugar... and formany of them, "bad" food can cause a serious health risk.

I'm not meaning to be a wet blanket, just to suggest that there arehealthy treats for bunnies - they love them just as much (if not more)than junk. My bun tears from one end of the room to the other (trippingme!) if she thinks I've got a slice of banana in my hand. ;)(or cilantro, for that matter.)

:bump

She just stole a bunny peep from me, by the time I got it from her both the ears were missing!! Is nothing I eat safe??

~Star~

PS I am not encouraging feeding your bunny anything that is harmful,but sometimes they catch us off guard and steal the weirdest things...:rollseyes

ec wrote:
Rabbits are a lot like humans, in that they like high-carb,often high-fat stuff - and sugar. But it's not good for them.

For my part, I stick to small pieces (really small) of banana or apple(no seeds!) for treats, occasionally alternating these with a piece ofcarrot or a small grape tomato. Bunnies' g.i tracts aren'tmade for processing starches, fats and high amounts of sugar... and formany of them, "bad" food can cause a serious health risk.

I'm not meaning to be a wet blanket, just to suggest that there arehealthy treats for bunnies - they love them just as much (if not more)than junk. My bun tears from one end of the room to the other (trippingme!) if she thinks I've got a slice of banana in my hand. ;)(or cilantro, for that matter.)
That's a good suggestion but honestly I'm sure we all know that. Mostof us know the bad foods that our bunnies like because they stole onefrom us before we even noticed. Like I turned around to find Katrina'shead in my sunchip bag. She got the tiniest little piece of a chip andhas never gotten one again but she jumps at the bag constantly tryingto get it. I would hope that no one would attempt to feed theirrabbit(s) any type of junk food but things happen and sometimes theyget a little piece here or there.

Oh yea. Like the day I was brutally attacked and chased.:mad:

I would hope that no one would attempt tofeed their rabbit(s) any type of junk food but things happen andsometimes they get a little piece here or there.

I'd hope so too, Katrina, but I've seen some pretty weird posts aboutfood here and on EB - and there are still a lot of misconceptionsfloating around about good diets for buns. (Many people still seem tobelieve that lettuce is "poisonous," also that crackers and bread arenifty snacks for rabbits....)

I didn't intend to sound preachy, but there are a lot of newbies hereand I just wanted to make sure to touch a couple of bases - I remembera few months back when someone's bunny stole and ate chocolate, and howworried they were...

Also, my mom once told me "Never assume anything." The longer I live, the more I see that she was right! :)

As for forbidden food, I got a piece of candy corn stuck to my jeanslast fall (sat on it and didn't realize) and Nibbles grabbed onto mypants like a little shark! am not exactly sure how I got her to stopwith the death-grip, but she did (though not happy about it!). ;)

Am I the only one whose rabbits don't manage tosteal junk food? I have way more problems with the catstrying to eat wierd stuff. Lily is convinced that she likeskale, but she only chews and never swallows it. Eve lovesbread and we've learned never to leave it out on a table, and shereally really wants my apple-cranberry crisp.

My rabbits really don't manage to "steal" foodfrom me. He usually finds bits lieing on the floor or if I'meating some thing while watching T.V., and he hears munching or bagrustling he may jump up on the bed whith me and wait for one, but hewouldn't charge into the bag of Gold Fish crackers - that's if I'meating them. If he finds an open bag whith out me around it - he willeat them.

Floppy is a true junk food junky and will nab upanything "bad" he can get is little teeth on. He likes All Bran wholewheat crackers, I let him have one in the morning. He LOVES fruit. Ihave a bag of mixed dried fruit, pineapple, mango, coconut, cantalope,apricots. I limit him to one small piece as a snack per day.My husband is notorious for sneaking him chips and such behind my back.
moz-screenshot.jpg
:disgust:Especially corn nuts, and Frito's.

Ringo on several occasions has chased me into the bedroom when I am eating Doritos.

Old Story. Over a year old.

The attack

To start off let me explain how my buns are trained to come to me when they hear the treat bags.

A year ago my darling Ringo Starr was out I was on the couch. I waseating doritos andI made noise with bag. UH OH!!Heattacked because I wouldn't give him the doritos. He was tugging on thebag. He nipped me a few times. I had to yell for my husband to come andget him. I was screaming and crying because Ringo was starting to niphard. He put him on the floor and came to check if I was
ok. Ringo jumped back up on the couch and pulled the bag from my hand.
Almost got it but we took it away and put him in his cage. He went inand started knocking everything over mad till I finally gave him atreat.

Is he spoiled or what. Even though he was being a naughty bun he still got a treat.

JadeIcing wrote:
Ringo on several occasions has chased me into the bedroomwhen I am eating Doritos.

Old Story. Over a year old.

The attack

To start off let me explain how my buns are trained to come to me when they hear the treat bags.

A year ago my darling Ringo Starr was out I was on the couch. I waseating doritos andI made noise with bag. UH OH!!Heattacked because I wouldn't give him the doritos. He was tugging on thebag. He nipped me a few times. I had to yell for my husband to come andget him. I was screaming and crying because Ringo was starting to niphard. He put him on the floor and came to check if I was
ok. Ringo jumped back up on the couch and pulled the bag from my hand.
Almost got it but we took it away and put him in his cage. He went inand started knocking everything over mad till I finally gave him atreat.

Is he spoiled or what. Even though he was being a naughty bun he still got a treat.
:laugh:Silly Ringo!! And poor you Alicia!

Well Karona like to steel bits of my green tealatee in the moring. She will stick her toung in my mug and sip and Ishoo her away. She also will steel any beverage but the latee shealways come back for. She is also a bit of an alchahol lover she isalways following people arround when they have booz.She has only evergotten a tiny lick of red wine that dripped ont he floor but I guessits the smell that makes her follow you. As for food she is super pickyso she dosnt reily like to take anything weird.

this may seem normal to some and strange to others but most certainly is wierd to me.
note: used sparingly
tabetha likes:
many tart, sour things
pineapple
kiwi
oranges
cheeze its
ginger snaps
cinnamon goldfish cookies
apple juice
there are some others not quite coming to mind

however she dislikes:
peanut butter
sometimes bread
store bought treats ( i dont use many only 2)
yogurt

Latest posts

Back