Weird stuff on his ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugs

Reaction score
I just started noticing weird specks on my rabbits ear. It almost looks like a clump of white dirt. I have no idea what it is. It may just be nothing but as a rabbit owner I am a little worried. If anyone has any idea what it is please let me know and I will be highly appreciated of you.

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like you could be dealing with mites; talk to your vet about getting some revolution (Selamectin) for your rabbit. If there are mites that'll clear it up and if there weren't it won't hurt our rabbit.

I agree with missyscove get some revolution and treat your bun for mites. It won't hurt if he/she dosent have mites either :)

His ears inside are pink and healthy could it still be mites? And sorry I don't have any photos.

Mites are down the bottom of the ear in hard to see spits so you could possibly not see them and without photos there is no guarantee

Okay well I can see what I can do for photos. One thing I would like to say is thank you all soooooooo much for everything. I really appreciate all of you for getting back to me so quick.

Without pics we can only guess, but if it were mites your rabbit would be scratching his ears. Mites would typically start showing up as very small black specks and gunk would start forming inside the ears as it progressed..

Yesterday I cleaned his ears with vinegar. I did that because if it was not fur or ear mites then the vinegar would clean his ears and wipe off what ever dirt it really was. Now if the spots come back that means that there is a really good chance that it is ear or fur mites. Right?

Well I can see what I can do for pics.

Latest posts

Back