weird stuff in by bunny's eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper_jr

Reaction score
My bunny Norbert gets these really weird things in his eye. It is like this huge piece of gunk and I don't think it is a majore illness and I want to figure out what it is. I f anybody has any ideas on what it could be please share!

Is it like white skin? If it's skin, that's the third eyelid. Or just like dried crust? When mine get the crusty stuff, I just wipe it off with a wet washcloth;).

Sounds like sleep like we get its white and sort of pliable. sometimes mine get it for a day or 2 and then not again for ages its a build up of something. but if thats what it is its not a problem just give it a gentle clean :)

it looks like what you said angelnsnuffy but it comes out. My mom takes it out of his eyes and it comes rightout she says.

Gunk floating on the eyeball or 'crusties' can be caused by a few different things.

Is it a constant build of of crust in the front corner of the eyes, or more like a bit of wet gunk floating across the surface of the eyes? Does he ever get any tears or wetness running down his cheeks?

If it's frequent and quite a lot of buildup, it can be related to teeth problems, allergies, blocked tears and other issues.

If it's just a teeny bit of crust or gunk and it's not happening too often, it sounds like it isn't anything too serious.

Latest posts

Back