Weird Paw Patting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessfional

Reaction score
Tonight, I was looking into Loki's cage as he was eating pellets, and he suddenly pushed his not attached bowl a little away, and then started crossing his paws on top of the bowl and beside it! I've never seen him do this before.

Was he trying to hide his food from me?
As soon as he was done, he came up to me and nosed around like normal.

Any ideas??

Could be food territorial?

One of my buns is called Loki too, he's such a mischief maker I didn't have a choice in his name!

Exactly the same reason I named my bunny Loki too! :bunny19

Hmm, like protecting his food? He developed this new habit of grabbing whatever veggie I give him and moving it to a new spot in the room. He's never done this with his pellet bowl, but that makes sense if he does it with other food!

My bunnies do that thing with the veggies. I expect because they're used to snatching food out of each other's mouths, food stealing is quite a normal thing with bunnies. So they'd naturally want to hide their precious yummies to keep it all to themselves.

My bunnies do that thing with the veggies. I expect because they're used to snatching food out of each other's mouths, food stealing is quite a normal thing with bunnies. So they'd naturally want to hide their precious yummies to keep it all to themselves.

I didn't know they liked to steal food from one another's mouths! Interesting fact of the day :)

Tonight, I was looking into Loki's cage as he was eating pellets, and he suddenly pushed his not attached bowl a little away, and then started crossing his paws on top of the bowl and beside it! I've never seen him do this before.

Was he trying to hide his food from me?
As soon as he was done, he came up to me and nosed around like normal.

Any ideas??

Maybe he's blessing his food. Lol

Did he wash his face right after he did that? Sophie does a weird paw crossing movement in the middle of eating sometimes, as she's crossing her paws I hear her nails click together. Then she washes her face. Strange things.

He didn't wash his face or anything after! Usually when he's about to wash, he sticks both arms out pin straight and then licks his front paws.

Latest posts

Back