Weird patch on bunny's fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kada

Reaction score
I just noticed couple weird "patches" on my bunny's fur and I don't know if it's shedding or something else. His fur is lifting from his skin. I don't know how to explain it but hopefully you can see from the picture. I got my bunny a few weeks ago so I don't really know what's normal for him. I really hope I'm just worrying over nothing.. IMG_20190731_173708.jpg

That looks like it's raised because there's a lump there. Can you feel a lump underneath that area?

That looks like it's raised because there's a lump there. Can you feel a lump underneath that area?
No there's no lump. It's just fur and when I pet him the fur goes smooth for a little while and then the patches come up again.

It could maybe be he's going to start shedding his fur there. As long as there is no lump and no sign of other skin problems, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you are still concerned, then best to have your rabbit vet to check it out.

It could maybe be he's going to start shedding his fur there. As long as there is no lump and no sign of other skin problems, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if you are still concerned, then best to have your rabbit vet to check it out.
I don't kmow if this is a skin problem but the fur on his sides is a little rough and not so smooth than in other places. Can that also be a sign of shedding?

Yes it can, but it will also usually be accompanied with some shedding of the fur. If a rabbit has a rough coat and isn't shedding, it could possibly be related to a nutrient deficiency or an intestinal parasite issue.

Yes it can, but it will also usually be accompanied with some shedding of the fur. If a rabbit has a rough coat and isn't shedding, it could possibly be related to a nutrient deficiency or an intestinal parasite issue.
I'll keep an eye on him. He eats pellets, fresh leafy greens and lots of hay every day so I doubt it has anything to do with his diet.

Latest posts

Back