weird or normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybenji

Reaction score
Hello,

Noticed that when i give ben a treat like brocolli or whatever it is thaat i am giving him at the time, he comes over and grabs it from my had and runs away with it. he runs over to his "spot" and runs back and forth, (with the brocolli in his mouth) its funny to watch... does it mean hedoesnt want me to watch him eat???.... A week back when ben had his first vet visit i coaxed him with brocoli to get him in the carrier... is he maybe scared i am going to do that again? or is he just being silly when he does this? Hes quite a content rabbit otherwise. Sorry for all the questions... and thanks in advance for replying!

Sara and Benji:bunnysuit::bunnydance:

Well, if he didn't do it before the vet visit, you can assume it's a fear reaction. It should subside over time when he learns that a treat doesn't always lead to a bad time.

My dad's bunny does this. She's afraid people are going to eat her food. She takes it and runs away with it and looks at you like "don't you dare" while she eats.

Ya our rabbits take their treats and jump away with "foot flicks" or kicking... I guess in case they think the other is just behind about to steal it from them. it's cute and funny!

My one rabbit that came from an abuse situation does it. I always thought it was because she may have had food taken away, I know she didn't get much. *shrugs* Perhaps it is just a bun thing. I think it is quite cute actually because she will take a carrot piece, or anything she really likes, runs in three circles then dives under the dresser to eat it.

The other three just grab and start to chow.

Depends on the treat with Harvey. I like to think of it as he doesn't want me to steal it from him. He doesn't really do it much anymore, because he realizes I will give him more food. So he usually sits on my foot while he eats and then when he's done he'll beg for more.

Latest posts

Back