Weeping Red Eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gezabella09

Reaction score
So I'm porting about my Chop. He is a 19 month of lop of some kind (not sure what)
And you can put money on it that every other month he will get some kind of an eye weep going off.
Normally we take him to the vet every time but it's becoming very dear. Last time this happended I just used some of the left over treatment from the vet we had from his previous weeping.
I'm at work at the mo so I don't know exactly what it was he was prescribed but it was some liquid and also some eye drops. ( I'll update the exact medicine when I get home )
We have now run out of both so I want to check if there was anything we could get from a pet shop.... I'm in the UK, to try an aviod another big bill.

Also is there anything that could cause this to happen so frequently.

IMG_0117.jpg

Thanks in advance and I'll update later on today.

Eye weeping can be cause by so many things.

If his eyes are red and crusty it could be conjunctivits or someother eye infection.

I had a holland lop who periodically developed a weepy eye because his tear duct was both infected and blocked. the vet needed to flush the tear ducts before he would improve.

Eye problems can also be cause by tooth root problems
tooth Roots in a rabbits grow up into the face.. many times causing eye problems (particularly with lops)

if you are returning to the vet time and time again without resolution maybe it is time to get a 2nd opinion and get the problem diagnosed.

Did your current vet ever diagnose the problem or just give you antibiotics.?

Did your current vet check his teeth?

I don't know if this list will assist you or not

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15071&forum_id=9

let us know ...

We use an opthalmic formulation of neosporin for Frida when she gets big clumps of fur on her eyes. This is what the vet told us to do. The opthalmic neosporin is the same thing as normal neosporin ointment but costs way more. Neosporin (triple antibiotic) or teramycin eye ointment could be used.

Back