weeping eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Em

Reaction score
Austin has had a weeping eye for a few days nowand im a bit concerned it looks like hes crying but only from one eye ihave been bathing it he doesnt seem to be ill in any other way he iseating and drinking and hopping around as normal but he just has cleardischarge weeping constantly from his right eye can anyone help me idont know what it is. do i need to take him to a vet?

Poor Baby , he mayhave somthing in his eye . iwould go ahead and call the vetand see if he thinks itneeds tending , he may have aslight cold in the eye , wichcan be cleared up with drops ora saulve , but i would go aheadanc give him a call , cant hurt, keep us posted .

I would take him to the vet just to make sure nothing is seriously wrong. He could just have allergies.

he isnt seezing or anythingand its onlt in oneeye i thought that ifit was allergies it would be in both eyes it looksa little read at the edges now and hes started to pull away when i tryto bath it. has anyone elses bunny had this if so what happened did itneed lots of treatment?

If it's in one eye, I would get it checked out bya vet. Your bunny may have gotten a piece of hay or someother substance caught in it.

I would get him to the vet. If you havebeen trying to take care of it for a couple days and it's getting worseinstead of better, he needs a vet.

He could have gotten something in his eye, like a hair or asmall piece of hay or something and it could have scratched the cornea.You need to be careful with that because the tiniest scratch can getinfected and maybe even cost him his sight in that eye.

Good Luck. I hope the por guy gets to feeling better. Pleaselet us know what the vets says and keep us updated ok.

Tina

Latest posts

Back