Weekend Away from my Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Reaction score
I tried to post before, but didn't see it. I hope this works.

We're going away this weekend to visitthe future in-laws inNew Jersey. My Aunt usually comes to my house when we're away and letsmy babies out and feeds them, but she's away on vacation. So my cousinand her husband are going to watch the buns at their house. Now, I loveand trust my cousin, but she has no rabbit experience, so even thoughshe's doing me a favor I'm a little nervous. I think it will be nicefor them to stay at their place so they can be around people and notalone.

Am I the craziest rabbit mommy in the universe?

Any tips on what I should bring along with them?

No, Sarah, you're not the craziest Bunny Mommy in the universe. BunnyMommy is the craziest one of all of us.

I'd suggest you bring her toys and a bed or blanket with her that shealways snuggles up to. Maybe one of your t-shirts so that shehas your smell with her.

I'm sure your cousin will be great with her, but of course, Iunderstand your nervousness. It's a good trial-run for whenyou take a nice long vacation.

Hope you have fun!

-Carolyn

This is off the topic, but is that black lop inyour avatar your bunny? If so, can you post somepictures. ;)

I frequently have to go away for the weekend, soI'd like to think I have it down to a science with my buns. I give mymom a list of their daily schedule (i.e. what time they're used toeating, how much to feed them, and I even pre-make and bag theirsalads) I give her the emergency number for our vet and a list ofsymptoms to watch for (head tilt, not eating, diarrhea, etc.) I alsoleavea number or some way to conact me if she has anyquestions.

And of course, it will go easier on your bunnies if you leave them with familiar items (like a litterbox, bedding, etc.)

~M

Oh I would LOVE to post pictures of my buddy. Ihave some right here at work. Carolyn, I might be in close crazycompetition with bunnymommy.

Here's some pictures of Pauly Walnuts my sweet boy:

Sarah wrote:
This is his partner in crime Mella. She's a mini-rex
is she part english spot? cause she sure looks like it, sooooo cute!

ps- do u know how to lessen the bytes on a picture?

and like carolyn said, it is normal for bunnymommies to worry about their buns. and like m.e. said just pack thepellet food, fresh veges and fruits, feeding schedule, emergencynumbers, toys, hay, bedding, etc.

m.e. - i like to pre-pack the pellets into little bags too and i tellmy pet sitter how many teaspoons to feed my bun out of the bag forbreakfast and dinner,etc

Sarah wrote:
Carolyn, I might be in close crazy competition with bunnymommy.

Here's some pictures of Pauly Walnuts my sweet boy:
Oh God! With faces like that, who could blame you!!

I never saw Pauly Walnuts before. He's absolutelyGorgeous. Give him abig kiss for me on thenose. I wish I could squeeze him.

-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn, he is my special little man. He'salways been such a gentle loving little guy. Mella is a sweetie too.Their personalities are very different, but they're best friends. Mellais more of an evil genius. Pauly is a lover. Luckily they rub off oneachother.

Thanks for the support everyone. I think I will bring along a teeshirtfor them to remember mom & dad. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Here's hoping Mella-The-Chewer doesn't destroy their house!

AAwww what lovely babies! When Perryand Pernod go on holiday to my friend, they get spoiled rotten. She hasa whole load of animals, but her Persian cats love the buns, and the 4of them create havoc. When they come home, they make mesuffer for leaving them, but when they go to her,they just turn theirbacks on me and go and play with the cats - I feel sounloved

Jan

spoiledbuni, As far as I know she's not part English Spot. She is a tiny thing. Mini-rexes sometimes have that broken coloring.

Sarah, whatbeautiful buns! :D These are the best picsthat you've posted of them yet!

I don't remember seeing a photo of PaulyWalnuts before. What a gorgeous bunny angel!

Great pictures Sarah! Does Mella haveany Dwarf in her? Like I said on the other post, she and myCookie could definitely be related.Yourbabiesare soooo cute!!

Wabbitwuv

BunnyMommy wrote:
Sarah, what beautifulbuns! :D These are the best pics that you'veposted of them yet!

I don't remember seeing a photo of PaulyWalnuts before. What a gorgeous bunny angel!
thank you Bunnymommy, they take after their mother, what canisay

Wabbitwuv,Mella might have some dwarf in her.She'sfrom a petstore, so there's no way tobe sure. She is a verysmall rabbit.What breed is Cookie?

Latest posts

Back