website... what do you think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kooky

Reaction score
im still building the website but id like your views so far... ive named the rabbitry Kooky and the name comes from the adams family theme tune, so i have embedded the theme tune on the home page, a friend feels its to much and off putting.. can you all give me honest views on if it would put you off or if you like it.. i will not be offended if you dont.. id rather know if its bad.

thanks in advance!!

http://kookyrabbits.webs.com/

I think you've got a great start to your site!

I found the music terribly annoying - it's enough to direct me away from the site.

The lavendar design alone without the insane red kookyrabbit background would be great and look more professional. (I know it's supposed to be Kooky, but it's too kooky for me LOL)

Blogs are very popular - nice job on that!

The rest of the pages look great, but my eyes are assailed with the kooky red background before the rest of the page comes up - once again, enough to deter me from another visit.

My recommendations: I you want a more professional looking site, remove the music and the red kooky background. Right now, the site screams of a young individual who's thrown together an unprofessional site. This might scare potential buyers away by giving them the impression that you are not a contender on the show table.

I agree with Pam. Plain and simple goes a long way and I don't like music on webpages either. I personally don't like the term "for sale" I prefer "for adoption" when it comes to animals. Just some suggestions! :)

I agree that a plainer website would look more professional. That doesn't mean that you can't use some really decorative graphics, but moderation is the key!

With that being said, the music is a big turn-off. Especially on pages which require reading, I really don't enjoy a distraction. However, the thing I DO like about the music is that you only have it on the homepage. It is your website and your choice whether to have the music, but if you continue to use it, I think that's a really great way to do it. There IS a pause button for anyone who doesn't want to listen, and it's not playing on every page. So if you really like the music there, then you're definitely using it correctly. :)

Otherwise, looks great! I really enjoyed viewing your site.

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
I agree with Pam. Plain and simple goes a long way and I don't like music on webpages either. I personally don't like the term "for sale" I prefer "for adoption" when it comes to animals. Just some suggestions! :)

Well breeders don't intend to sell only pet rabbits. So they are not thought of as adoptions. People will think she is running a rabbit shelter or something. Not selling show rabbits. :)

I agree that the background is kind of out there. lol It doesn't match the lavendar of the layout. That alone would help it look much better. Could you maybe just change the color of it to lavendar instead of red? That way its not so bright and in your face. :)

It is a wonderful start! :biggrin2:

that was a great responce so thank you everyone!!
i have altered the kooky background as i can see where your all coming from on that, currently the music is still there but only home page as there is nothing to read on that page and it can be navigated away from quickly. the music pause button was hard to see with the kooky background but is easy to see now with a purple background.

Pam, thank you muchly for seeing me as young, lol, i do like you lots, that made my day !! :)

does everyone feel the new background is better? is the home page still to much over?

I like the purple background much better!

I agree with wooly_queenwhen she pointed out that a for "sale" page is a more professional term for a show breeder. An "adoption" page would be more appropriate for a pet breeder.

That darn music jumps right on you before you have a chance to turn it down. Very startling to someone online at 1 am who is trying to be quiet while the rest of the household is sleeping. Also, because the page was taking a while to load, I couldn't scroll down to the button to turn it off. Just something to keep in mind - many people find the music annoying and unprofessional.

lol, i am sorry for the music Pam, maybe i should remove it, i dont want people to be put of, i kind of liked the 'humor' in it.

i think i like the purple background better too so thank you everyone for helping !!

before going into show rabbits i want to gain some knowledge as i have never shown nor attended a show to date, im an ex hobby/pet breeder so breeding knowledge is fine, its the 'standards' i must learn and of course mini rex specific breeding genetics and technics.

ive yet to find UK standard and shower help from someone who could 'mentor' me.

i also agree with wooly_queen re for sale and adoption page name, so need to find an 'in the middle' to suit what i am name. what i am is a pet breeder learning to be a show breeder for a while, while i research the show side.

maybe i should just delete the for sale page and use the in the nest page??

any tips for wording ref sales? is my site missing helpful stuff to customers?

i really do appreciate every ones help and advice with this.
thank you all !!

Latest posts

Back