Website critique

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Im just not sure how to post up the winnings of some of the rabbits Or if i should just post the nnumber of legs they and their parents have won?

It looks good.

I would have more about you and your mom, like more of a story.
I would also have a sales policy page.
Upcoming litters would be neat, but it is something you need to update on a regular basis.
Links to the breed clubs or maybe some breed info would be nice to help people who might want to learn more about the breeds have easier access to where to look.

On a side note, your Widow Haven's Beyonce has the same dam as my Tesla (WH's Hitman). style="font-weight: bold;"

I am thinking of putting this as my sales policy. Does it sound about right?
Sales Policy
We reserve the right to refuse sale of any rabbit. All rabbits are in good health when they leave our home. If you are unable to continue caring for a rabbit after being sold we are capable of accepting it back, at this time no refunds will be awarded. Any rabbit deemed show quality is free of any disqualifications from an ARBA show. Rabbits being sold can be picked up from a show, our house, or transported if needed. Cost of rabbit is due at pick up, we do accept payment via paypal. Shipping of a rabbit is not offered at this time.
yea sarah carden with widow haven has alot of nice tans. Ones that have huge personalities and that love to jump lol :)

What Kate said. I would have more fonts and colors too, but that's just me. It was your Tans that took BIS at the Alexandria show. Great Job!!! I

SNM wrote:
What Kate said. I would have more fonts and colors too, but that's just me. It was your Tans that took BIS at the Alexandria show. Great Job!!! I
Yes This past one two of my juniors (brother and sister to diesel) took the youth show. I was sad that I didnt make it Randy said they were some of the best tans he has seen in the country but when told my name he was like who is that? LOL

Okay, I'm going to start off right here by saying that I develop websites for a living. Overall, I think your site is very appealing and professional looking. Good job!

I would recommend leaving all fonts, the same as they are (you don't want to use too many, or it overloads people; even sites that are going for the cutesy look should limit it to about 3 fonts, 5 if you count bolds/different sizes as fonts).

I like how you use the logos as links to the clubs. It seems straightforward to me--and I would expect the links on the logos. It's up to you if you want to add text links (I wouldn't bother, but that's my personal preference).

I will offer a few suggested changes. If you're going to capitalize most of the breeds, capitalize all of them (I think Polish, Himalayan and Brittania Petites have to be capitalized anyway because they use the names of places).

The front picture is cute and I love how she's greeting you, but it would be better if it weren't through the cage. Maybe get a picture of a rabbit trying to kiss the camera either from the show table or in the doorway of the cage?

If at all possible, try to get better posed pictures of your tans, and get a new pic of Phil the Himi when his coats in better condition.

I wouldn't list reg #s because it's too easy for people to steal them. Just say that he's registered, (and if he's GCh.) and leave it at that.

You might want to see if you can align the info text for the bunnies so that there's a defined margin rather than that jagged edge.

For the legs they have, it is nice to see what kind of wins they had, but I don't think it's necessary to list what shows they were, or the dates unless it's a convention win. Don't mention wins that precede the final placement (so no need for BOV if they got BOB or BOS). You might mention if the legs were won as a junior. So, for example you might list 5 legs: 2 BOV as a junior, 1 BIS, 1 BOB, and 1 BOS '10 ARBA National Convention. The convention wins you might highlight somehow (make bold or underline).

It's also my personal preference to list bucks together, then does together then by variety within each, rather than by variety with each gender in each, since you will often cross varieties.

I love the winner's circle page. It's not something many small rabbitries get to brag about, and the images are all good quality.

The for sale page could use a little work. I like that you state your sales policy outright and that it's short. You might add a link at the bottom for planned litters or litters in the nestbox. Pictures are always great for rabbits that are for sale. However, I would try to get pictures of the rabbit outside the cage (even though your Californian doe obviously has a very sweet personality). Pictures on the lawn or ones that really show the rabbit's personality as friendly and curious are great for rabbits you're trying to sell as pets. When you decide to sell rabbits as potential breeders or show rabbits, make sure to get them in as close approximation of a show pose as you can get them in (I know some young rabbits can have trouble with this one), and make sure to list their good AND bad traits (ie.: great head and type, fur is a little thin).

On the contact page, I would recommend a single input for name and label it "Name (first and last, please):" If you have a form verification script, you can set it to check for a space in the middle of what they put. Also, be sure to check that the form actually works.

Again, I am impressed with how professional your site looks and wish you good luck! (Looks like you have a great start in the rabbit show world all ready!)

Thank you for all the replies and for the book hillrise lol
I changed some and i think the only tan picture i will retake is Serena. It takes forever for her to give me some kind of pose lol. The rest I feel comfortable with. We will retake phils also my mom didnt brush him or anything lol

I did add an upcoming litters page and i think i found a better home page picture. I need to also edit the paragraph i just wrote something quickly to have it there. Ill also find a new picture of frenchy on the for sale page.

Thank you again :D

Latest posts

Back