We got a new bunny ....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
We went to Bunny Haven, our local rabbit rescue, yesterday and look what we brought home!

He is around 1 and a half - what breed do you think he is? He is not as small as a Netherland but I think there is some of the breed in him.

We are trying to think of a new name but are a little stumped - we have come up with Merlin, Magus and Moose! We'd like a name beginning with 'M'.

Miffy is very excited to have a new boy in her house - he is in a pen in the livingroom and she keeps running around it looking at him - lots of nose kisses so far - but he's still to be neutered before any intro takes place!!

Here's looking forward to your suggestions!!

Much appreciated

mummybunny xx

he is so cute! looks like a mix breed to me. . .

as far as names go, i like moose.

here are some more 'm' names:

mungo, mongo, miami, motown, murphy (i like murphy), montana, max,monroe, murray, milton, minkus (i am a boy meets world girl, had totoss that one in!), martin, melvin, meeko, monkey, mulder,moby. . .i could keep going

i got some from this list:

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/hills/4611/petnames2.htm

which i love to look at. . .there are more 'm' choices if you want to look at it

but i like moose. . .i think it is cute!

katie

Thanks! Great suggestions. I've also got some Swahili names - my husband and I were married in Kenya!

mwezi - moon

mzuka - spirit/ghost/phanom

mtoto - child/baby

mchawi - sorceror

I was looking at breed pics online and I think he kinda looks like an American Chinchilla a bit - don't know what you think?

mummybunny

Cutie! I'm not sure what the color is although it doesn't look quite like a chinchilla. He does look like he has some lop in him though.

I love the name Moose. Or how about Mojo? Motown is a cute name too.

Hi colouring is very silvery grey - brown eyes.

He has white hair on the back of his head that is dark at the roots, it gets darker towards his tail that is almost black with a white underside. His ears have a darker tip to them.

Maybe he's a bitsa - 'bitsa this, bitsa that'!!

mummybunny

he kinda looks like a holland lop/mini rex mix.. .but he does look like he has lop in him based on the ears and how far apart they are.

and while his colors looks like a form of chinchilla, i couldn't tell you what one (but he doesn't look like the regular black based chinchilla. . .)

maybe someone that breeds would have a better idea!

anyway he is cute!

katie

He looks like a chinchilla color to me.:?If you mean the brown appearance in some spots? PamNock was just saying in another post that it's not uncommon for chinchilla colored rabbits to shed and change color slightly. One member had her chinchilla that was shedding a brownish color.

ButI agree with the lop cross thing, his ear base looks like it.

He might be a Holland lop dwarf cross.there are several colors of chinchilla including chocolate,siamese,and blue.sometimes the sun fades them out as well.bluebird

My bunny looks like yours we have not been able to find out what breed she is...

shes seems to be a mix of a few

Yeahhhhhhhhh......It's Tabitha's twin brother. She's been telling me all about him.:D

He really does look just like Tabitha and we don't know her background either.

How about Thumper or Monty or ...........ED (Emergency Dinner):devil...........Oh! Just kidding on that one!:embarrassed:

OK...i'll stop now beforei get booted off!

Thanks for all your suggestions - he is now officially known as Merlin.

He's off to the vet on Friday to gets his bits removed - poor boy....and fingers crossed!!

mummybunny xx

Back