We did it :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amdfarm

Reaction score
And it went FANTASTIC!!

My son had a 4-H meeting Monday evening and he had a presentation. He'd picked doing it on Hope and already had stuff written up on her breed, etc... So I asked a good rabbit breeder friend of mine and she said she didn't see a problem w/ taking her and her kits away from home for a few hours at all.

Hope's kits are 4 weeks old today!

The looks on the kids, parents and leader's faces were priceless when I brought Hope and all her glory in. They oooh'd and awww'd and asked if it was a stuffed animal (I get that a lot w/ her!) My son stuck the laundry basket of kits in the kitchen so everyone was focused on Hope. I held her while he did the presentation and then turned her loose to hop around the kids.

When one of the leaders asked. Is she going to have babies and I went and got the basket full of cuteness and set it on the floor in front of a good sized group of kids. They were, well, typical kids when they see baby bunnies, especially the teenage girls. LOL

Sorry, no pics.We werebunny wrangling SEVEN bunnies. My kits are now very well socialized! hehe And also, Hope was doing her best impersonation of a Pez dispenser. Just wished I'd had the dog w/ me to walk behind and clean up after her instead of me.

None of them for any worse for wear by the time they got back home and into their cage. They got a nice treat for being such good bun buns!!

I was so proud of my doe!! She even let a few of the older kids hold her for cell phone pics and she was nice and relaxed. No biting! I carried her around on her back like a baby and even one of the parents took a pic of me holding her. They could not believe how big she is.

We're looking forward to more outtings w/ the buns. Spreading awareness about Flemish Giants, I hope! :D

Wow that sounds like it went awesomely well and both parties benefitted, your bunnies got socialized and the group got educated on rabbit care. It might have been a good thing that Hope was being a pez despenser that way the kids realize they can be a lot of work and NOT just cute and cuddly all the time.
Congrats!

Latest posts

Back