We are building Moose a x-pen cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChompersMom

Reaction score
The boy is just making too much of a mess in his current cage and I wanted to make him a larger cage, eventually. It's very hard because BOTH bunnies live in my small room and I'm 20 so I have accumulated a bunch of stuff that is stuck in here as well.

So anyways, I was talking to my father and step mother and they came up with the idea of kitty-cornering my bed and giving moose the space it creates and making an x-pen there so it's easier to clean. He still isn't litter trained (he's stubborn :tantrum:) but hopefully with more space I can get him an even bigger litter box and see if he gets a hang of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build it? I'm thinking of lining the cage with plexi glass so his poo's stay inside his cage and won't get on the carpet. I'm thinking of laying down lenolium for easier cleaning. He doesn't need a top to his cage because he couldn't/wouldn't want to jump it if his life depended on it. Even when I let him out for his run he keeps going back to his cage. He was raised as a barn bunny with out time once a week (for those who don't know his past) so he is a little confused when I give him out time daily.

So open to suggestions/ pictures of your cages that you think would help me build mine! We should be doing it within the next few weeks since I'm getting SO annoyed with the way I have to clean his cage right now (it's very time consuming and he poops outside of his cage so it just piles up and attracts flies if I don't clean it up fast enough)

Thank you! :bunnybutt:

Send him to Prescott, I will litter train him :embarrassed:.

:whistling

Maybe once I build my new bunny cages in our new house, because I will have a full bunny room, you can see mine as an example.

I think it would all help us if you let us know how many NIC panels by how many NIC panels you can fit in the space :).

Back