We adopted another bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybabyjack

Reaction score
We decided Jack needed a companion because he just seems lonely when we aren't able to handle him. So today we went to the SPCA to see what kind of bunnies they had and I immediately fell in love this beautiful little bunny. Her name is Speckles--- but I'm wondering if I could change that or if she's used to it. The name doesn't suit her at all.

But she's 1 and was turned in because her family "didn't want" her-- can you imagine??? :(, and they say she's a dwarf but I don't know if I trust them. Her tag also said she was spayed but come to find out that they don't even know! They called the vet tech in and he shaved her but he said he couldn't tell if she had a spay scar. So she's still at the shelter until Monday because they had to schedule a surgery for her anyway-- if it turns out she is fixed then they'll call me Monday to pick her up, if not they'll do they surgery.

So we bought a second cage for now but I really want a big big big cage for the two of them (when they're able to be together, which I know can take awhile).

Anywho, I'm so excited! I have a crummy picture of her on my cell phone and I will try to email it to myself later and include in the post :)

Oh - I'm so excited for you - I'll be waiting for pics!

Peg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about changing the name. If her family didn't want her after only one year, chances are she doesn't know her name. She'd pick up on the new name pretty quickly anyway.

Here is "Speckles" -- We are thinking of either Lola or Layla :) I think I need to have her around me though to see which fits her best!

Came out pretty good for a cell phone picture!

Oh, she is a beauty! Congrats on the new addition to your family. :)And I agree...don't worry about changing her name; just keep repeating the new one to her every time you see her and she'll be responding to it in no time. And yep...I think she'll let you know her name once you've had her home for a while. :)

(I just adopted a new bunny too...adopted her on Sunday, they spayed her Wednesday and she came home with me Wednesday evening. Her name's Anna and she's an agouti something-or-other...lol...since they found her wandering about the streets, no one at the shelter knew anything about her. To me she looks like a mini-lop that didn't (lop).)

Enjoy your new bunny!

And Bassetluv, why haven't you posted about your new baby yet? We want to see pics!
Truthfully, I've been hesitant to do so after the experience I had with Lucky...I waited till I had him for a few days before sharing it, and then right after that he got sick and I lost him. Guess I wanted to make sure this little girl is doing well before sharing her with the world...LOL. So I haven't even taken any pictures of her yet (the superstitious side of me coming out).

Once I do take some pics though, I'll definitely post them... :)

lol I'll try but you have to wait until Monday!
Until then you can hop on over (no pun intended) to the little bunny blog area and check out the pictures of her new "brother" Jack! ;) He's quite the photogenic little guy!

Back