Ways to keep a caged bunny active

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone_family3

Reaction score
I have one pet and one found pet, both are not fixed (male/female). Right now I am switching them from the coop to the cage every other day.

Example: yesterday Belldandy had free run of the coop and outdoor run and Charlie was in the cage. Today Charlie is out and about and Belldandy is in the cage. Tomorrow they'll switch.

I'm trying to find a new hutch for Charlie so he'll have his own space, I can't seem to find anyone to adopt him and they want a huge amount of money to fix a bun around here.

Have you tried to put an ad in your local newspaper? Tons of people where i live put ads in the newspaper and people adopt them! Other than that you could buy chicken fencing and posts and make a pen in a safe area for your rabbit. People by me do that and just put fence or something over the top so nothing can get at it. It works great. :) I hope this helped!!

Yeah seems we have a lot of breeders and BYBs here, Hopefully If I can find him a hutch I can build him his own run away from my female.

Maybe they won't get bored, there is a lot of hay to dig in.

Good luck! an idea for a homemade toy is a pine cone (pretty easy) and to stuff and old sock with rabbit pellets, hay, and other yummy food that are healthy for you rabbit! :)

my buns LOVE running after a rolling treat ball, which i put half their dinner pellets in. They shove it around with their head and follow it everywhere. Maybe this could entertain them when they are in there pens or cages?

You can get ones for rabbits dogs or cats (dont get rubber ones, impatient buns could chew them) on my one, you can change the difficulty, by making the opening smaller or larger.

thats all i can really think of for now, but yeah, hope you can find a hutch for charlie!

Back