Ways to enhance your bunny's life?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaileyBoy

Reaction score
Bailey my bunny is pretty lucky, (and loved) but I know that there is always room for improvement.

Does anyone know of general ways to enhance your rabbit's life?

Whether you know of a cool toy for them, or have set up a cool bed, or play music, I would love to hear ways you help your bunny be at her/his happiest. :dutch

This is really silly but my rabbit likes it. When he bunny 500's around the room I do an anouncer and it actually makes him run around more. LOL! Also you can make most toys for cheap. We made a tunnel the other day with Poster board. And just stapled the ends and we keep an eye on him with it. Toilet paper rolls are a big favorite. Any paper he can shred. The cat is one of his favorite toys. Depends on the bun. Try as much toys as you can and see what he likes!

Cardboard boxes, tunnels, things that they can jump on to, digging boxes, etc. have all been a big hit in my house. My rabbits love when I stuff a paper bag full of grass, hay, veggies, pellets, apple twigs, and other treats for them to rummage through.

If you've never tried this for a toy, my bunnies love the concrete form that I bought for them at Home Depot. They jump over it, run through it, and I have even found Pepper sleeping in it. You can get different widths and they are 4' long. You could cut it into smaller pieces if you want to. They only cost between $6-$8.

concrete form.jpg

My bunny girls favorite way to start their day is with me tossing in their cat "bunny" treat ball filled with their breakfast pellets! As soon as our yoyo weather stops with its freezing wintry wet/snow/ice, I'm going to get back to designing my girls' agility course! I also love the foraging/exploring toy ideas such as paper bags filled with surprise healthy treats! If I can ever get my thumb to turn green I want to grow more herbs. Would love a bunny safe mini herb garden! Too bad I don't have the space & money or I think I could easily design my own little bunny world! lol I rarely ever get to Lowe's or other home improvement store so I always forget to get my girls one of those concrete form tubes! I know my girls would love those. They love the various boxes I get at Walmart for a couple dollars (thick, heavy cardboard boxes). Its their favorite places to lie down or hide when they know its time for our grooming! lol Silly buns!

Oh, almost forgot! My girls love balls & ball games! I have all sorts of balls, grass/willow/hard plastic bird balls. They love almost any kind of balls!

Last edited:
This may sound silly, but Mouse LOVES bedtime stories! We have a nice little collection of books with short 1-2 page stories/poems and we'll read to him once we put down a bedtime fresh veggie treat for him. I like to sit right beside his bowl and read, and he'll head bump the pages. I know he doesn't understand a word of it, but I think he likes the calm wind-down to the day.

Since I have 4 each of them are different... so here it goes..
Chico and Chica just like to sit and veg.. But they like to play in cardboard boxes with holes cut out in it for them to run in and out of. They had a cat house to play in but rarely used it. Lady my lop got ahold of it and started eating the roof! I have a small cat toy that is a stuffed bunny for Chico and he will kick it with it hind legs. He will also get pissed and pick up the clips on his cage and throw them out of the way when I'm trying to lock the top of the cage down.. he's no dumb bunny! He likes to toss things and I have soft balls for him made of fabric he likes to pick up by the tags and toss and throw. He is a soccer star!

Brooke likes to play with cat toys. She also likes toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes and will toss them up in the air and play with them. She likes to hide behind her pet house I got for her that was originally for dogs. She likes to play and toss baby toys and rattles also.

Lady likes to play with toilet paper rolls, and the carrier trays you put your drinks in from Mc Donalds and other take away restaurants. She will chew them up. I will pick up cat toys at the dollar store and have her chase them across the floor and she will grunt and push her paws out to stop them. She is cute when she does that.

I need to think if they like anything else?

Vanessa

Moonpix, my bunny girls enjoy a good book also. If a book is too boring you can always chew it up! lol

Vanessa, my bunny girls like soccer too! One of their favorite ball games! Can't believe I have been throwing those fast food cardboard drink holders away! Duh! :headsmack Thanks for the idea! Next time will get one & try my bunny girls with it.

Great ideas, everyone!

This may sound silly, but Mouse LOVES bedtime stories! We have a nice little collection of books with short 1-2 page stories/poems and we'll read to him once we put down a bedtime fresh veggie treat for him. I like to sit right beside his bowl and read, and he'll head bump the pages. I know he doesn't understand a word of it, but I think he likes the calm wind-down to the day.

I now don't feel quite as crazy admitting that Gandalf likes singing. I was watching a musical a couple of months back and he hopped up for a cuddle and got really close to my face like he loves to and as I was singing along he was purring like crazy. Ever since whenever I start singing he pays attention and loves it when I sing when we cuddle

Not exactly an off topic

But I was just wondering if bunnies could feel tickles.

Last night when I went for a massage, the masseuse pulled my hair hard enough to have this tingling sensations all over my body.

And then I remembered when I did this to my long haired bunnies they'd shake their body and kissed me non stop. (well, my Lady Lhucky is a kisser, in fact all 3 of my female bunnies were a kisser. While my male bunny Lhousio would grind his teeth loudly he would stay very very close to me and embrace me for as long as I want without running away - considering that his a very aggressive bunny. - but off course I may not be able to hug him in his territory, so I would bring him up on a table top in another room. )

Also. how can I make my short haired bunnies feels that sensation when I can't even pull their hair? The only time I saw them shake their body were after we clip their nails and set them free with dirt kicking while hopping away.

I was able to get a long box for free at my local Kinko's-it's the cardboard box they get rolls of paper in. It's about 6" wide and about 4' long (my bun is still kinda small, but they had other boxes there). Never hurts to ask!

My buns love music! Depending on what music though, they certainly don't like my boyfriends dubstep/DNB! I can really see them react positively to music though, it's so cute!

:brownbunny

Not exactly an off topic

But I was just wondering if bunnies could feel tickles.

Last night when I went for a massage, the masseuse pulled my hair hard enough to have this tingling sensations all over my body.

And then I remembered when I did this to my long haired bunnies they'd shake their body and kissed me non stop. (well, my Lady Lhucky is a kisser, in fact all 3 of my female bunnies were a kisser. While my male bunny Lhousio would grind his teeth loudly he would stay very very close to me and embrace me for as long as I want without running away - considering that his a very aggressive bunny. - but off course I may not be able to hug him in his territory, so I would bring him up on a table top in another room. )

Also. how can I make my short haired bunnies feels that sensation when I can't even pull their hair? The only time I saw them shake their body were after we clip their nails and set them free with dirt kicking while hopping away.

I'm sure rabbits can feel tickles. Gandalf always starts kicking out when I am grooming certain spots on his feet. He will pull his foot away and shake his head funnily then insist I start grooming him again

Latest posts

Back