Watership Down

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquamoonbeam

Reaction score
I saw Watership Down mentioned on the forum and while I heard of the book before, for some reason I always thought it was some kind of human war book lol. I just finished reading it and the sequel and I'm so upset I never read it when I was younger! Amazing book, I loved it so much! Definitely in my list of best books/ favorites! A must read!

:hearts:

agreed!

It really is fantastic. Love the book. Love the film. My house wouldn't be complete without a copy of both :)

Jen

British Heritage magazine had an article on Watership Down a few years ago - all of the locations Adams described are real, and the actual journey of Hazel's group can be traced. It's only a mile or two, but of course, given the size of a rabbit that's a long distance indeed.

The BBC Countryfile Magazine has a page about a cycle route describing the area, too.

You can look it up on the Ordnance Survey maps, too - Nuthanger Farm's on the map, as is the Down and the power lines, and so on. You can look at the map on the Ordnance Survey website. Click on that link or go tohttp://tinyurl.com/3yqm5lg

I love Watership Down! One of my favorite books. You should read the "sequel," it's full of bunny myths from Watership Down :)

I read the last half of the sequel last night lol, the last half has stories of the warren and updates you on them kinda lol. I'm going to read the first half tonight!

Read it and the sequel when I was in college going for my MA in literature. Loved it. Have read it a couple more times. Have a habit of reading stuff that I read a couple of decades ago.

I have read Watership Down 6 times! It will always stay my favorite book of all time.

Did you know they also have a sort of deer version of watership down (also commented on by Richard Adams). Th e book is called Fire Bringer and it is beautiful!

I really recommend it to you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Bringer

here is the link! It seems a bit confusing, but when you read the book, it all comes clear!

Latest posts

Back