Watership Down

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akkatia

Reaction score
Have you ever read or watched the movie "Watership Down," by Richard Adams? I love that show! It is so neat! What's your favorite character? I love Blackberry and Dandelion, but I'd have to say Hazel is my favorite. I also find Fiver very deep. The show is very sad, (and very fictional) but it's also magical.

watership_down.jpg

I have watched watership down! I also read the book- its very good too.

I liked that old chief rabbit that fought with the dog and let theothers get away. Its cute when they find "lucys pet rabbits" in the hutch and try to get them to escape with them.

That song "bright eyes" is so sad. If I ever hear that when one of my bunnies passes on I will just beovercome with grief.:tears2:

Liz Flora and Dancer

Yeah, Bright Eyes is a good song. Do you mean the chief of Efrafa, General Woundwort? He's crazy! lol. I like his assistant Campian, too. And Hyzenthlay. Ooh... I can't help it, I like them all.

The move is great. I wish it would have been a little more descriptive and accurate, though. It didn't include any of the stories that Dandeliion told. In three or more parts, I think it's a little graphic. Like when the dog attacks the warren, Bigwig getting choked, etc... and in the book, Hazel gets the hutch rabbits to join his warren. In the movie, he doesn't. Oh well. It's still great:).

Although I still can't imagine an angora bunny making it all the way to the warren without getting her fur tangled in a bush or something.:jumpingbunny:

Are they angora? I can't really remember that far in detail. In the movie their fur is a bit shorter, lol.

I think in the book one of the hutch bunnies was an angora, another was a himalayan, and there may have been another? I just remember the angora because she went back to the warren with them and had babies before the end of the book. Those must be some crazy-furred wild bunnies!

I started reading the book last year, but got sidetracked with holidays and everything and never picked it back up to finish it. Maybe soon, lol.

Is it good/appropriate for kids to read? I've thought of getting the book for my nephews to read for credit in their reading program at school. They are 11 (almost 12) and love bunnies and animals.

I'd been wanting to see the movie too.....until hearing that it's graphic in places. I'm too sensitive to watch a lot of things. But if it's a cartoon, maybe I can handle it.

Well... it's not THAT graphic, except a little at the end. Because, see, there's a dog that comes to attack the warren and it shows him killing a few rabbits. But they're evil rabbits, anyway. I think it would be okay to let kids watch... but maybe you should watch it first to okay it.

Latest posts

Back