Watering Your Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try and wait for the water to run out before I refil, we are in the middle of a drought and our second water tank is running low, so I'm trying to be as careful as possible without wasting water, but i clean the bottle and get new water ecery week (i usally fill it up a few times though) right now though I have 3 bowls placed around because of a horrible heat wave, (40 degrees yuck) so mcqueen won't have to go back to her cage just to get water.

we only refill when it's empty but that's once a day as is and sometimes twice. we have big drinkers over here. the cats need their water bowl refilled twice to three times a day.

we had those things hazel has but the rabbits kept kicking it over and water would go everywhere. i threw it out.

Hazel - do you remember where you got that water bowl? I've been looking for one like that but haven't found one so far. Maybe I should look in the dog section or something?

My buns have a bowl. Barnaby can't get water out of the bottle for some reason, and Zeus gets mad when only a little water comes out at a time and starts biting the metal to try to make it come out faster. I tried a ton of diffrent style bottles too, so it's not the bottle that was causing problems. I ended up having to use a bowl for Barnaby and since I didn't want Zeus to damage his teeth biting the metal I decided to just make them both use bowls.

I give them fresh water once a day, sometimes more if I notice that they dirtied the water or if they're getting low. Zeus likes to pick things up and drop them in the bowl, and for some strange reason he also likes to stick his paws in and play in it.

I got it at pet supermarket, but they have them at petco as well. The pet supermarket one was just the PERFECT size, exactly under a NIC in height, lol. I';ll look up the name next time I'm at petco and see if I can find it online, :)

Latest posts

Back