water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmits_mom

Reaction score
I know people have posted about this before, butI can't find it anywhere. How much water should bunniesdrink? I worry that Emmit doesn't drink enough, even thoughhe seems very healthy. He uses a 12 ounce bottle, and on agood day will drink maybe half, but he usually doesn't even drink thatmuch. Should we be putting vanilla into the water, and if so,how much? Thanks to everyone!

-Carrie, Martin, and Emmit

I'm very interested in this one aswell. Baby drinks about the same, usually not even 1/2 abottle a day. I have noticed this past week that she keptbiting the end of the bottle like she couldn't get enough.And when i would put some in a bowl she would drink it downquickly. So i fixed the bottle position. It wastilting backward and so the little ball thing wasn't working right soit wasn't giving her the water she wanted, so she would jerk on it toget it to work. I'm curious to see when i get home if she'sdrank more today because i fixed it.

The amount of water an individual rabbit willdrink daily depends upon a number of factors. A rabbit on adry concentrate diet will drink far more than a rabbit on a diet ofonly leafy greens/vegetables.

"Water consumption varies with age of rabbits, type of ration, seasonand stage of production. In both cold and hot weather, waterconsumption is increased. "(ref. 8th edition of RabbitProduction)

"A 10-12 lb. doe with an 8 week old litter of 7 kits may drink as muchas 1 gallon of water within a 24 hour period." (ref. Ohio StateUniversity Extension)

For more info http://www.rabbits.com/rabbitsmag/page%208.htm

excerpt: "A rabbit will consume about 120 ml per kilogram of body weight per day."

Pam

Baby is now drinking a little more, but not muchmore. She definately not biting at the bottle end like shewas. She's probably thinking,...."it's about time youunderstood what I was telling you!":p

pamnock wrote:
Theamount of water an individual rabbit will drink daily depends upon anumber of factors. A rabbit on a dry concentrate diet willdrink far more than a rabbit on a diet of only leafy greens/vegetables.

"Water consumption varies with age of rabbits, type of ration, seasonand stage of production. In both cold and hot weather, waterconsumption is increased. "(ref. 8th edition of RabbitProduction)

"A 10-12 lb. doe with an 8 week old litter of 7 kits may drink as muchas 1 gallon of water within a 24 hour period." (ref. Ohio StateUniversity Extension)

For more info http://www.rabbits.com/rabbitsmag/page%208.htm

excerpt: "A rabbit will consume about 120 ml per kilogram of body weight per day."

Pam
Great information, Pamnock.

Thanks onceagain.

-Carolyn

Back