Water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertismygod

Reaction score
I've brought home a netherland dwarf, whose a 7 month old male. He was neutered today.

In general how much water do rabbits drink?

I'm trying out both water in a bowl and in a bottle, which is better?

Mostly depends on the rabbit's preference on bowl vs. bottle. I find most times, given a choice, buns will drink more easily out of a bowl.

Water intake varies wildly also depending on the bunny and on how much they get from veggies. A lot of people find their buns don't drink a lot of water at all. They hardly ever catch their buns drinking. Mine slurp a little a couple times a day. But, I have 1 rabbit who will dive into every bowl of water I give her. She slurps up 3 whole cups of water if left to her own devices, and two vets she's seen have both told me that it's perfectly normal (after having ruled out illness). I don't give her that much because she literally can't control her bladder with that much liquid, but it just gives you an idea of the spectrum. Most don't drink a whole lot, but it's important to make sure that you check water level daily to make sure that the bottle is still working, there's water in the bowl and that they haven't tipped it over and spilled it all out.

Seems like my little guy loves the bowl. I've got a water bottle and bowl setup in his pen, so far he's only ever used the bowl.

The bowl is more efficient and easier. Plus the bowl is generally always clean inside, so it barely ever gets dirty inside.

A lot of rabbits will drink more from a bowl, but I find that mine usually knock them over and bottles are a lot easier for me to work with. Really it's up to you and your bun.

Latest posts

Back