Water trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittlePanda0

Reaction score
I noticed my rabbit stop drinking as much water as she used to, barely any at all what is this a sign of?

Is she still eating?
What do you offer water in? Rabbits often drink more from a bowl than from a bottle. IF you're using a bottle, check that it isn't clogged as well.
If you've increased greens or other high moisture foods or there's been a change in the weather that could explain why your rabbit is drinking less.
There are diseases associated with animals drinking more water but drinking less isn't as concerning unless you're seeing other signs.

Depends : what is she eating? Is she still peeing? If you find it concerning, you can give her more leafy greens, still wet from when you washed them, and add a bit of organic carrot juice in the water. Also, is your rabbit drinking from a bowl or a bottle? Rabbits drink more from bowls, as the position is more natural to them.

I noticed my rabbit stop drinking as much water as she used to, barely any at all what is this a sign of?

Its important to notice that the rabbit is not drinking as much water as she used to,...and the next thing to notice is...how much pee is coming out? My experience (3 rabbits) is that if they are eating a large quantity of leafy green vegetables, they will drink little/no water and nevertheless produce copious amounts of pee. I think it's only when they eat hay or dry pellets that they need noticeable amounts of water. We have a water bowl for our rabbits. It's important to watch it and keep it fresh. For several days, the water level will not go down, and then suddenly the water level will decrease. I think it's when they decide to eat a lot of pellets that they start drinking water noticeably. (They have all the hay and green leafy vegetables they want to eat. They do have bowls of pellets to eat if they want. I buy only low cal pellets for them..I avoid the sugar laden pellets bought for rabbits on 100% pellet diets.)

Latest posts

Back