Water Changes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily0862

Reaction score
Chambersburg and Berlin, Pennsylvania, USA
So I noticed my rabbit hasn't really been drinking anything since i brought her home. It could be the water here is different, I was wondering if anyone knew anything I could put in it to make it taste better or what i could do to encourage her to drink. She has free roam of my room and her water bottle is inside her cage, would make making it face out of the cage be helpful?

There are a few things you can try. First, try putting a drop or two of apple juice in her water (just a little bit; you don't want to make it sugary and bad for her). Second, try getting a heavy ceramic water dish. She may just prefer drinking out of a dish instead of a bottle.

well they said that bottle isnt even a month old because they just got it. but i put water in a dish for her and she seems to be drinking from that. so maybe she just doesnt want to have to go in her cage to drink water, or maybe they shut her back in when she'd go in for water, whatever the case she likes the bowl so thats what we'll go with. thanks for all the advice!

Latest posts

Back