Water bottles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certainly not an expert on the matter, however if you were to use liquid dish soap I would use some that DOESN'T contain bleach. And after that rinse it extremely well. I would be afraid to use liquid dish soap myself as rabbits are sensitive to chemicals and such. I've read that you can use hot water and vinegar to clean them. Also rice and water. I'm assuming you'd put a little rice in the bottle add hot water and then shake the bottle using the rice as a kind of abrasive to clean the bottle. Just thought I'd share a few other methods of cleaning them. I hope I helped! =) Jessemily

I have used regular dish soap to clean bottles and not had any issues. I do rinse really well. You can buy baby bottle scrubbers that would work great for water bottles.

I had a problem with algae when i had my pet rats near a window

I used a small baby brush and just rubed it off with water but i have in the past used liquid dish soap..i just rinsed it like 50 times and let it sit a bit hahah

I put a small amount of uncooked rice, put the cap back on, and shake/swirl real good. This gets all the algae out of my bottles. I no longer use brushes as this is much easier and more effective. I rinse it out properly, with a drop of vinegar and water and voila. Takes just a few seconds :)

Nela wrote:
I put a small amount of uncooked rice, put the cap back on, and shake/swirl real good. This gets all the algae out of my bottles. I no longer use brushes as this is much easier and more effective. I rinse it out properly, with a drop of vinegar and water and voila. Takes just a few seconds :)
Do you shake all the water out, so its dry before you put the rice in and shake. And why rinse with vinegar and what kind of vinegar?

Latest posts

Back