Water bottle size?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttinbutrouble

Reaction score
We've decided that once we're able to bet abunny that we're going to get a mini rex. I was wondering if a 16-oz.water bottle is the best size for a small breed like that. Or is biggerbetter as far as the water bottle is concerned?

I have a 32oz bottle each for Maisie and Flower(they are unspayed, so they each have their own cage). Maisieis about 5lbs, and we refill hers about every other day, while Floweris probably about 8lbs, and we refill hers every night. Hopethat helps! :)

Edit: I also put 1cc of vanilla extract in each bottle (doesn't have tobe natural, can be imitation). It really cuts down on theammonia smell in their urine, which in turn helps prevent flystrike. (I put it in our kitties' water, too.) :)

I have an 8 oz water bottle (great for travelcarriers) and if I fill that, it will last my bonded pair (4.5 lb doeand 7.5 lb buck) a week at least. They really do not like to drink outof water bottles so it really depends on the rabbit.

But even with that, I refill water bottles daily because otherwise thewater gets an old taste and I notice water consumptoin is even less!

Wow...I guess I have a couple of REALLY thirstybunnies!! This is the second time I've encountered the factthat my bunnies drink quite a lot. :) They've beenthis thirsty the whole time I've had them, too...even in the coldermonths, and even before I added the vanilla!

Sheesh...lol!

I have a mini rex who drinks about 6 oz. of his8 oz. in 24 hours. My mini lop drinks 8 oz. in 12 hours. So I'd say getan 8 oz. bottle that way it's easier to refresh... not wasting too muchor risking a thirst bunny.

I have a 16 oz. one for Dusty I refill it everynight but sometimes when I go to refill it it's empty or just aboutempty. :shock:Usually he has about half left though. Bunniesdrink a lot. :?

I use a 16oz bottle for mine. That's usuallyenough to last him for one day. On the rare occasion, when I go torefill it, it'd be empty already. His water intake varies from day today but I wish I had gotten the 32oz one!

I have a standard rex and she has a 16 ozbottle. She drinks about half of it every day but i changethe water daily to make sure it doesnt start getting that green stuffin the bottle.

Latest posts

Back