Water bottle frustrations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
So far i've gotten everything under control andhave a nice routine going. The one problem i'm still having are drippywater bottles. Sometimes I can set them right to where they don't dripbut after they drink it normally just unleashes the flood again from it.

I've tried doing a reverse suction with the spare air that is insidethe bottle. I've tried tighting it as much as possible. I've triedadding more rubber. I've tried filling it 100% full and tightening itcompletely.

I've also tried 2 different types of bottles. I'm starting to think ijust need the right kind of bottle from somewhere that was made right.

Are you against a water bowl? My girls wouldmuch rather have a bowl. It attaches to the cage so they can't throw itand spill it.

You can always at least put a bowl under the bottle so that it will catch the leaks.

I had that same problem a number of years ago,got fed up and just went w/ a bowl. BunBun took to it realfast too. Now that's all I use and it worksperfectly. Sometimes I feel a bit bad for Angel cuz she hasto reach so far, but she doesn't mind at all. This morningshe was standing in her potty pan leaned over to the bowl, too cute.

I have the kind that screws onto the cage.
7671100764A.jpg

LOL. Yeah i feel kind of dumb now. I haven'treally considered one for in the cage (I have one outside it in theroom that Bud will drink out of... Nanali just likes to play in thewater)

I think i will start having a bowl under it to catch the water and if Iknow they're both drinking out of the bowl with no problem i'll justditch the bottle all together.

Thank guys =)

Changes in barometric pressue can also causedripping. We generally have more dripping in our auto watersystem during the fall.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Changes in barometric pressue can also causedripping. We generally have more dripping in our auto watersystem during the fall.

Pam

:yeahthat...***and dreams of having an "auto water system"...other than ME!***

And temperature seems to affect our bottle, too. When the sun shines inthe bunnie room, the bottles that get shined on will start to dripafter a bit. In the evening when the room cools down they all drip alittle.

I also have a problem with mineral deposits from the water. They tendto build up on the fonts in the tubes. I remedy that by cleaning thespouts out with vinegar at least once a week.

I've tried several brands and have settled with ones that have twofonts in the spout. I think they're made by Farnum, and surprisinglywere less expensive than most of the others brands and types.
They seem to leak a lot less (if at all)...mostly when the level gets low,
.....or if the buns are running around in their cages like a bunch of little nuts.

~Jim
The "Gunga Din" of the bunnie room :D

Latest posts

Back