WATCH YOUR LETTUCE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jace

Reaction score
Saw some stuff on the news last night and thismorning about lettuce being recalled around the cali area b/c of e.coli. Thought i'd give a heads up.

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well.My only theory is that maybe we're growing things in places that aren'ttruly meant for farming? We've changed things so much incertain areas to grow things to save money in general...we may havecaused the problem(s) ourselves...never know. :ponder::dunno:

An Etherbun regular passed on a comment from achef friend, to the effect that there's really no way to stop *all* e.coli contamination.

The recall wasvoluntary. There was no E. coli found on any of the lettuce, butthe growers believe the irrigation water may have become contaminated.They weren't even sure if it was a deadly strain or not.

The recall only
affects Foxy green leaf lettuce, bought in Arizona,California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon or Washington betweenOctober 3rd and 6th. IMO,not a whole lot to be worried about, though I'm glad the company wasproactive.

Latest posts

Back