Washing Machine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachaeeelanneee

Reaction score
So, every single time I wash blankets from Moo's cage, my washing machine is left in a mess. I switched litters so that should help (cause the littler doesn't get all over the blankets anymore.) but my washing machine is still trashed, no matter how much I shake out the blankets. Is there any tips? Do any of you guys have the same problem? Is my washing machine just doomed to its fate? Haha. Any tips would be great. Thanks!

I stopped giving Ellie many blankets, but hay is always going to happen in the washing machine. I try to shake her blankets out frequently and change them every day, every other day.
I wash animal blankets every single day, my washing machine catches fur and occasional dog kibbles.

My best advice would be to get a blanket that doesn't collect as much of the hay and litter. I like the baby receiving blankets, they don't hold onto the stuff as much.
And just wipe your washing machine out after you wash animal blankets.

And if you're worried about the cleanliness of the washing machine, they make cleaning tabs to clean out the barrel of your washer, you use them quarterly, I use them and I love them!

I use a a mesh bag designed for clothes! You put the blanket in it, and throw it into the washer. When you take the blanket out, the netting catches all the hay and litter. Then it isn't stuck in the washer!

J.Bosley, that is genius.

I use puppy pee pads, so I can just throw the lot out without killing my washing machine. My buns are huge mess makers.

The main problem I have is with fur in the washer. Hay does get it, but not a ton (especially considering I have 9 rabbits). I only use litter on the litter box, and my rabbits don't dig it out, so that helps keep things clean.

Latest posts

Back