Washing Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover13

Reaction score
Hi

I decided to bring my 2 bunnies inside the house today(because it was hot outside, and there normally strictly outdoor bunnies), and I was wondering if it would be O.K if I gave them both a small wipe down with a damp paper towl? I don't know if it'll give them the chills or if it would give them respiratory problems.:?:)

Please helpI don't want to do anything harmful to them.

Thanks

I think a slightly damp paper towel would be okay. I know you can dampen your hand, then pet your rabbits to get rid of excess fur when they shed, so the paper towel sounds okay. If you're just trying to cool them down a bit, though, you could just mist a bit of water (with a spray bottle) or sprinkle a few drops of water on their ears. Rabbits lose heat through their ears, so if they're hot, cooling their ears will feel good to them. Not too much water, though, since if a rabbit's fur gets too wet it's hard to dry them thoroughly.

Agree with Meredith and Liz, a moist towel would be fine to wipe down your rabbits.

I think there possibly could be more respiratory problems and chills if you actually submerge your bunny in water.

K

Our vet has 15 rabbits and she told me that she has bathed hers before using a little tear free baby shampoo. I have bathed my Hunny before out of necessity (pus and blood from an abscess all over her). Hunny actually loves the water and 'smiles' as my kids call it when she is getting a bath. She hasn't had one since her amputation though.

Latest posts

Back