Was there any reason why you bought a bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have two pet chickens that I loved a lot and I had them for 4 years. Unfortunately, they were killed by a wild animal one day when we let them out in the day😢. It left me really sad because it was like losing a friend. Eventually my parents agreed that we should get another pet. We already have dogs on my farm in India and I was never really a big fan(I do still love them) and my dad is allergic to cats. We settled on a pair of Flemish giants:) and we can’t wait to get them.

Orrin, those buns in the pic are adorable!!

My cat had lost a leg so couldn’t roam any more. I was sort of looking for a pet/friend for him. Didn’t want a dog or another cat. A friend with a bunny called and said they were desperately looking for a home for a 2 month old bunny. Long story short, not knowing anything about rabbit care, I had a bunny.

I wish I had known then what I know now - so many mistakes- but I learned and adore her sooo much! Only 2 downsides. Turns out female rabbits are very territorial, so she immediately claimed the house as her territory and pretty frequently still (3 years later) lunges at the poor 3 legged cat when he gets near her. The other downside is keeping her from chewing on the wall to wall carpet. There is cardboard covering her main resting areas outside of her hutch and along the baseboards. She’s mostly free roaming now when I’m home. Has her own room and hutch when I’m not. Such a pampered pet! The cat is jealous.

I am now so enamored with bunnies that would love to have more buns but I fear that Khaleesi is so territorial that it would be a fiasco. I would love to hear stories about how that worked for others.

Thanks for asking!

Latest posts

Back