Was looking on kijiji last week...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheenisowner

Reaction score
and came across an ad that headed "SNAKE FOOD". I opened the ad and the woman was selling three beautiful colourful lionhead (mixed with something else) males,6 months old for snake food. I couldn't even fathom the thought so I went and bought them. I picked them up and they are the sweetest little buns. Their nails were so long that they were curling under so I cut them and fed them food and they were all eating as if they hadn't eaten for days! BROKE my heart....so far my sister in law is going to adopt one and is getting everything set up for him to take him home next week! At least I know I can find them good, healthy and loving forever homes!

They love love love cuddling and ive bonded with them so much this past week that I will be sad to see them go but unfortunately four rabbits are too much for my home and Cheeni isn't liking them very much but I think that is because shes just hormonal :expressionless

Their fur is short because she shaved them...! The other picture she had sent me their fur was long and fluffy I have no idea why she would've done that...but anyway...I think they're mixed with something else because their ears are longer than Cheenis and I don't think they are double manes. Any idea?

ALSO if anyone is living in the Toronto, ON area and would like to adopt please let me know :)

photo33.jpg

Left: Bijoux! Right: Chai!

photo2.jpg

The grey one we named foo foo#2 because he reminded my sister in law of a bunny she had when she was younger named foo foo!

Last edited:
Good for you that you went out and saved those three lives!

Hopefully they can find a great forever home! They're super cute so it should not be hard :)

They sure have gorgeous coloring! I hope you double checked that they're all boys. Are you housing them together?

They are very gorgeous and im sure they would make great house bunnies Kudos to you for saving them

colors are: Bijoux (tri color), Chai (harlequin-Japanese), and foofoo (smoke pearl)

Aww they are all so cute and good for you for rescuing them from being snake food!

It is a wonderful thing that you rescued them! Years ago I had a lizard and one day got to attend a reptile show and sale. As I walked around I looked at lizards, turtles, tortoises, snakes, very large roaches, huge centipedes and came across mice of all sizes and ages. I was walking along doing the " Oh they're so cute at the mice" for some time when all of a sudden it dawned on me that they were there to be sold as food. :(

They're really adorable! I love their coloring! I'm going to say for breed their lionheads mixed with lops. I think they have lop ears, that maybe haven't lopped yet. I guess only time will tell for a single or double mane. Either way, they're lucky to have been saved and they're all absolutely gorgeous! I think the tri-color is my favorite! haha.
Great job saving them from what would undoubtedly have been a terrible fate!

Aww they are all so cute and good for you for rescuing them from being snake food!

Thanks! At least I know they'll be safe :)
It is a wonderful thing that you rescued them! Years ago I had a lizard and one day got to attend a reptile show and sale. As I walked around I looked at lizards, turtles, tortoises, snakes, very large roaches, huge centipedes and came across mice of all sizes and ages. I was walking along doing the " Oh they're so cute at the mice" for some time when all of a sudden it dawned on me that they were there to be sold as food. :(
Aw even mice are cute...but I guess that's the food chain...my mom said to me "you know you cant save every bunny" and I know I can't but when I saw the ad I couldn't get it out of my mind, I HAD to get them.
Good for you to rescue them :) They are really cute :)

Thank you!
They're really adorable! I love their coloring! I'm going to say for breed their lionheads mixed with lops. I think they have lop ears, that maybe haven't lopped yet. I guess only time will tell for a single or double mane. Either way, they're lucky to have been saved and they're all absolutely gorgeous! I think the tri-color is my favorite! haha.
Great job saving them from what would undoubtedly have been a terrible fate!

Awww that would be cute if they were mixed with lops! I think they are single manes from the previous picture she had sent me. They had GORGEOUS coats so I was annoyed to see they were shaven. Bijoux is adorable (tri-coloured) Love the little freckle on his nose, he is the most edgy of them lol FooFoo (smoke pearl) is the most curious and independent! Chai (Japanese harlequin) is the most cuddliest and affectionate...he loves sitting on my shoulder when I'm watching tv!

Latest posts

Back