Was it just me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
This morning when I went to feed (around 11:30; stayed home cuz i'm sick) Lily was laid out on her tummy and only had a bite of her pellets. I gave her fresh water like I always do, and then lots of fresh grass. She took a couple bites of the grass and then went back to laying down and stuff. She also had a pile of hay in her cage.

The first thing I thought was, 'GI Stasis', because she was showing the signs of it. Now, Lily is a tough one to notice when she might be off, because she's always lazy, but I could tell right away that something was wrong, or so I thought.

When I went out to the rabbitry to bring her some vanilla flavoured water and pieces of lettuce, she was shaking. This was at about 1:30. I picked her up and she stopped shaking. Set her back in the cage, and the shaking started again. So I brought her outside and set her in her ex.pen while I fixed up a cage to bring her inside. I want to keep an eye her, cuz the shaking was worrying me a bit.

Which brings us to now....

She's chomping down on her pellets, grass and hay, and acting completely normal! No shaking whatsoever, and she's throwing a fit and stomping because I won't let her out of her cage....

Was I just getting myself worried, do you think? I'm still going to keep my eye on her, of course. But she's eating and drinking. Haven't looked for pooh or pee yet but I will.

Emily

ETA: Can a mod please change the sub-title to "Lily wasn't acting herself this morning."?? thanks.

Could she have had gas that worked it's way out and that is why she is acting better now? That is the only thing I could think of.

Check her tummy and see if it feels hard, a good tummy rub might help. Everything, else ok poo's pee? I am glad she is acting better.

I'm glad that she is behving more normal now but I would keep an eye on her.
The shaking is not normal and maybe whatever ( gas?) was bothering her has passed but if she continues to have episodes like this I would get her vet checked.

I felt her tummy and it wasn't hard. Felt squishy.

She's back in the rabbitry now, but I will continue to watch her. I did check for poohs and pee in the cage before putting her back, but couldn't see anything. She was only up at the house for about 3 1/2 hours anyway, though.

I will definitely make sure to watch her and if she has more shaking episodes will take her to the vet.

Emily

How old is she?

Hope she is acting normal for you today...good luck with everything....

Denise

Denise, she just turned four years old this past March.

She was acting perfectly fine this morning. :) Eating her pellets and everything :) I think it was just a tummy-ache or gas that she had yesterday.

Emily

Latest posts

Back