Warning: Animals dying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelby_jonesss

Reaction score
To all of you who own dogs and cats, Purina has been caught selling bags with hatched worms, spiders, dirt, and many other disturbing things. Many dogs have had horrible symptoms such as diarrhea, blood loss from nose and mouth, lethargy, and throwing up. Most dogs have DIED FROM THIS PRODUCT. Treats from purina have also been known to cause animals to pass away.

I'm not sure if purina sells rabbit food. I doubt it but I was just making sure. I'm positive most of you own dogs anyways!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1424317737.083896.jpg

Purina does make rabbit food and we feed it to all 20+ of our rabbits (Purina Show). Beneful is a very poor quality dog food but I haven't heard of it killing animals. Saying unsupported statements aren't the best way to make people aware of issues. I'm not saying Purina has the best products out there but it's not a bad company

There do seem to be a lot reports around the place online and on the consumer affairs site. Seems to be a somewhat ongoing problem. Given the sheer number of dog owners it's probably not a huge number of cases, but enough that I probably wouldn't continue feeding it if I was. There are also reports from some of their cat foods too.

According to urban legends this claim first appeared in 2007. Its unproven and says that tests done on the dog food could not be linked to the deaths in question. I always check snopes or urban legends to verify when stuff like this comes up.

Purina does make rabbit food and we feed it to all 20+ of our rabbits (Purina Show).

From what I have been told Purina does not actually make the rabbit food, another company pays Purina for use of its name. I could be wrong but it was the info I was given about five years ago.

This isn't even true. It's a low quality food but it isn't killing anyone and it's not full of spiders. Who makes this stuff up omg

Latest posts

Back