WARNING: A RANT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
I am just SO MAD.
I've been having a lot of problems with my rabbits weight - so I did my research and chose MannaPro SHO and GRO. The rabbits are showing BIG improvement! Spines and ribs arent sticking out. Butts took a little longer but have noticeably filled in from 2 weeks ago. This was a good thing - I thought I was all set. The feed store man told me when I went there and picked that feed that he always carried it. He said the SHO is a big seller. That was a big factor in my decision to get it. I cant possibly be switching feeds all of the time. It's not good for my rabbits.
Well, I went there yesterday and all he had was one old bag of SHO from last month. I asked when he'd be getting more - because I NEED IT - and he said not until the 2 tons of regular Mannapro PRO is gone. Then a few minutes later he told me the SHO doesn't sell well and he wasn't going to get it anymore. That's not what he told me last month! I offered to prepay for 500 lbs. ahead of time and he said he could do that but it would still be about 3 months before I could get it. He told me this time that the PRO was better which wasn't what he said last time! Btw - it is not true - I already tried the PRO and got no results.
I'm very frustrated with this feed store. This isn't the first time he's done this to me right after I switched to a better feed! It's like he talks the talk to get me to buy what he has but when he's out he talks another talk to get me to buy something else!
Anyway, I went on the dealer locator list for this feed and I found a dealer 90 miles away. I talked to her and she orders fresh pellets every week so tomorrow I'm going to drive 180+ miles to get rabbit feed. Blah....I'm not looking forward to this but at least my rabbits will have what they need.

Does anyone know how long bagged feed is good for if kept in a dry cool place or in sealed trash cans? Will it go bad if I store this food for 2 months? I want to get the 500 lbs and make a trip to this far away store every other month instead of every month.
Thanks for listening!
Jane

:scared:What, he can't order it for you? A feed store by me offered to order my wood pellet litter for me when I needed it, in whatever quantities I wanted. I just had to give them a week or two notice. We're talking $20 (four bags) of sales at a time max!

:banghead

I don't know much about storing it, but I would think two months would be okay as long as it's kept dry.

He can order it but they have to wait until the other Mannapro feed is used up! He has 2 tons of it left! GRRRR!!!!

Latest posts

Back