Wants to play after Surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamommaof2

Reaction score
Ok I have Teddy confined to his cage and he is not allowed free time. So I go in there to give him his meds,and let me tell you he is too cute taking it. His little tongue comes out and he is taking it like a big boy and then when he is done he licks his lips and then pop corns. How do I get him to mellow, I enter the room and he gets excited and starts to hop around. I go in there every hour or so just to make sure he is doing ok. But I dont want him popin around. Is this normal or what should I do??

Gamommaof2 forgive me but was Teddy neutored? I would think as long as there is nothing for him to hop up on - he will behave as well as he feels. Perhaps you can stay in there with him for awhile to calm him (nice nose rubs) and then perhaps he will settle down.

Hopefully some of the others stop by soon to give their 2 cents. Keep updating - especially if something seems to go wrong - I'll keep on eye on your post.

Goodluck and glad to hear that Teddy sounds like he feels pretty good!

It's great that he's feeling good but since he had the opened wound with that abscess he needs to calm down.

How is his "set up" for living? is he caged?

Yes he was nuetured. As for how his cage is set up he has is potty in one corner then he has his pile of hay in another corner and then he has his food dish in another corner. He has a fleece blanket to sleep on. Maybe he has a little too much room for him to play around in. Its 2x4 cage and I have it closed so he cant go into his play area.He has seemed to settled down for a bit,No I take that back. Maybe he is just excited to be home and will settle down.:?

Latest posts

Back