Wanting to get my rabbit spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman43

Reaction score
Hi All,

I called for a quote from Campus Estates in Guelph, ON, Canada. Not sure what the going rate is for a spay/neuter, they qouted us $79 for a consultation, and then $379 for the surgery. Will try the Rockwood vet to compare rates... What price is normal or average for getting a rabbit spayed? Is it worth our while to get our little friend spayed to better her behavioural habbits. She likes to chew and does not like to be touched. If we hold her she will squirm to get away but will come back in a minuite.

Has anyone gone through with the spay/neuter, was there a noticable difference behaviour wise?

Thanks
Ebony, Ken and Amanda

You should be able to find a far cheaper vet for a spay... I'm up here in the boonies (North Bay), and Evie's spay was done for about $180 (which is still high).

I see you've already found the vet listings :D
It was my understanding that kahlin chose Campus Estates because she had a disease issue with her bun.

Runestonez has some familiarity with Rockwood.. you may wish to PM her for more information :)

Speutering is safely done after 6-8 months. Without spaying, I don't think my Evie would have ever learned how to use the litterbox. She became far less territorial and less aggressive post-spay.

By the way, Welcome to RO!:wave:

Any behavior changes tend to be positive from what I've read. Spaying and neutering is supposed to decrease aggression and end potty training accidents. Spaying/neutering is also very important for their health. I rescued Lily and she was spayed a few weeks ago. She is about a year old and because of her age she had already developed uterine cancer. Thankfully the tumor had not penetrated her uterus or spread through her body. It was removed and probably saved her life. If she had gone just a few more months without the spay she probably would have died a lot sooner from the cancer.

I don't know if you are willing to drive to Brantford to Beattie Animal hospital. I paid $137 + gst for Sabrina's spay in December. They only do spays Tuesdays and Thursdays with Dr. Qureshi (I am sure that I spelled it wrong). The number there is 519-756-1770 They were really nice and helpful.

I think spaying is soooo worth it. Kirby now chews less, is more consistent about using her litter box and she is even more loving and into getting pets.
My vet charges $90, pain meds are $15. Another vet quoted me around $140 along with a $50 exam. I know I am very far away from you but I think you should be able to find somewhere cheaper.

Latest posts

Back