Want Some Opinions!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
Here's what it looks like

pPETS-3763704dt.jpg

Here's the listing at Petsmart: Click HERE

I know I'd need to cover the wire bottom for his footsies. It wouldn't be outside, but I thought it could work for where we have his cage right now inside. I'd just remove the table it's sitting on and put this in it's place. It's not a HUGE amount of more room, but it's more than he has now.

Does anyone know anyone who has this? Is it durable? I hate to spend the money on it and be unhappy. If it's good and strong though, I can use it for Poe and other bunnies in the future.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Have you actually seen one the same in real life? I suggest doing that if at all possible!

I bought a cage off ebay thinking I'd got a bargain, but it turned out to be too small and terrible quality. That was an outdoor triangle one, looked good in the picture but was actually really flimpsy cheap wood. So I really recommend looking at one first.

Although I did get my indoor cage from ebay as well and it's great, but I guess the quality of plastic and metal are more predictable than the quality of wood from a picture (if you know what I mean?). I think what also helped was that I went to a pet shop and looked at the sizes they had (100cm) and found they looked too small. so then on ebay I happened to come across one that is 120cm (as well as wider) and I love this one.

I'd install vinyl or tile flooring over the wood :)...I'd hate to spend that money and have the wood get ruined over time due to pee pee accidents or water spills.

Overall, I think it looks like a nice hutch for inside use...and I am sure Poe gets a ton of run time, so I think it would be a good "home base" for him!

I've been considering buying that cage as an indoor bunny hutch as well. I was planning on maybe staining the outside white to match my furniture. If you end up getting it keep us updated on how you like it because I would be interested to know!

The quality of these ''box hutches'' are generally awful, they are made out of light wood that bunnies can literally chew through in a night if they wanted to. Bunnies that spray or aren't litter boxed trained will ruin it too in no time.

OK, thank you all. I am not going to get it for him. I spent the day in the hot sun yesterday and I'm burned and sore and ugh today. We'll be looking some time this week...maybe...I'm almost sure I'll be going for the NIC cage again.

Latest posts

Back