Want another bun.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy052104

Reaction score
Recently my hubby and I have found a bun thatwe'd like to get. Our concerns are as follows: How will Holly reactafter being a single bun for a year? Holly's pretty much made theentire apartment her territory, how will she react to a new bunny inher place? (We are looking at buying a house in the near future, so ithopefully wouldn't be to long in the apartment) The other bun we foundto get is a female and I'm not sure how well they'll bond. Does anyonehave any suggestions or tips that could help us.

We had Pebblesfor 2 years now. Imaystill get another bunny that Isaw a year ago from a breederwhois replacingherolderbuck with a new one.

From our experience, Pebblesgot along fine with another femalebunny that we bunnysatfor. The twoweresupervisedwhen theyweretogether in a large backyard which made the difference of gettingalong. Inside the house, theremight have been some issues.

I don't know how she will react with amale bunny that was used forbreeding. Pebbles is spayed,and we will neuter thebuck before he comes home.

Worst case, it would betwo separate cages withdifferent play/run times.

Rainbows! :)

My bun Rodney was a single bun for about a yearbefore I got a second rabbit. At first he was fairly unhappy about thenew rabbit on his territory, and I could tell he was a bit jealous.After having their cages next door to each other for a few months, heeventually accepted the new rabbit and seemed to enjoy her company. Myrabbits are not fully bonded yet, and although they do not get along100% on non-neutral territory yet, Rodney seems much happier havingsomeone next door to him for company.

Iam not sure how your bun Holly will react to another bunny,and don't really have any advice as I am still somewhat new to bonding,but just thought I'd share my experience with you.

I hope everything goes well for you if you decide to get a secondrabbit :)

Their is really no way to tell if a bonding willbe easy unless you tested your bun with the new one before you got her.Generally a male and female bond easier but not always. Bonding is hard.

angieluv wrote:
Bonding is hard.
:yeahthat Bonding is very difficult. Ihave been unsuccessful in bonding any of my three females and trust me,I've tried it all. This isn't to say you won't besuccesful. It depends on the rabbit. But justprepared if they don't bond and you have to keep them separated.

Latest posts

Back