Wanna add to your vocabulary?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Just came across a new word, for me anyway, whilesurfing today. It is furkid! It's what ourbunnies are to many of us, a fur "kid," especially to those of us whodon't have children at home, and even some of us who do.

It gave me a chuckle because it is so expressive a term.

Buck

It soooo true. What a great word!

When I did a search on firkid I found another term that I liked..."Gottaspoilem" (actually a design company name!)

Jim

I've heard people say that, but I've never used it. I more commonly us "furbaby" since Mocha and Spice are my babies!

Thanks, Buck! :dude:

I never heard that term before.

:)

-Carolyn

thats what i call my( non human) kids all 16 ofthem my 2 human kids well they are the the non furkids for those peoplethat want to know we have 1 dog (she thinks she is human) 1 14year oldcat and 16 rabbits of diffrent breeds 1 emu and 49 chickens yep i havamy hands full at feeding time

I call mine my furkids.....6 adultcats and 1 half-grown kitten who help hold my electric blankie down onme at night...4 dogs who are in and out...don't really know how manycats in the barn (at least 20-25)...30 rabbits in cages inthe barn.....and 6 feather kids, who are African geese, who roam theplace...and 1 skunker who has free run of the house, a furkid,too. Have used that term for a very long time!

- Dolores

Now that's a new one tome! :) My oldest feline furkidwho lives in with me is named Pita. When she was a kitten shewas a real pain in the aqq...would sitright next to my plate and quickly grab something off of myplate, so that is how she got her name!

- Dolores

I've been around "animal people" too long :p

I've heard "furkid", "furbaby", "furchild", you name it.....I've alsoseen "dd" and"dc". [Now in parenting forums, that's justshorthand for "dear daughter", "dear child", etc. (there's also "dearson", "dear husband", youname it...)]In animalcircles,"dd" and "dc" also gets thrown around as "dear dog"and "dear cat", plus the occasional "dear bird". Never seen "dearrabbit" before......

Latest posts

Back