Walking my Stitch..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
I was walking my Stitch out on her leash and thecable guy was coming to remove someone's cable box and saw me with myrabbit so he immediatly walked up just to make sure I really did have arabbit on a leash.

He even after seeing Stitch said "thats a rabbit right?"

I said "Yes" he was so taken in by her he was like OMG that is soadorable I had no idea that you can take a rabbit out like that andimmediatly started asking questions about raising a bunny.

I told him how much time they need and the things to feed her and howloveable she is he then started to say "Oh my kids would love to have abunny" So Being the protective bunny parent that I am let him know thatKids and rabbits would be wonderful as long as the kids understand howmuch responsibility it is to have one and that they have to understandthe respect they have to show a bunny cause as cute as they look theycan hurt they do have teeth and sharp claws also they get things thatyour normal dogs and cats dont get such as GI Stasis and things of thatsort.

I also let him know that Rabbits aren't one that you can pick upconstantly and snuggle because they do have sharp claws and willscratch. Responsible children that show good respect foranimals are great for bunnies but they can be difficult depending onthe personality of your rabbit. He was petting Stitch andfalling in love with her cause she will let anyone walk up on her for agood petting.

I told him if he was thinking of getting a rabbit to put alot ofthought into it as they are very social animals and do like tosocialize but if they get dropped or fall they can get seriouslyinjured they have to be picked up a certain way and they also requirecertain types of nutrition for diets. I let him know that theshelter does have rabbits available but only after putting alot ofthought into getting one because so many rabbits have already been putin shelters or mistreated because people do get tired of them.

I didnt mean to lecture the man hehehe but it just came out that way.

Marie

I get that all the time too, Marie. Whenever Ihave Elf out at the park, or even when I show people her pictures onhere, people are asking questions. Lectures just happen. Don't feel bad:)

I wish I could take my bunny outside, but myhusband does not let me since he thinks that taking bunny outside wouldstress him too much and that he can catch a disease there.

AnnaS wrote:
Iwish I could take my bunny outside, but my husband does not let mesince he thinks that taking bunny outside would stress him too much andthat he can catch a disease there.
Well, it might stress him a bit at first, 'til he gets used to theidea, and he could pick up a disease by eating poop, I guess, if youdon't watch him closely...but you both could get run over byan errant beer delivery truck, also!

Sometimes, ya just gotta take a chance once in a while...a little "unrest cure," to liven up your life a bit.

Have yet to read of a bun that dropped dead from the stress of beingoutside, nor have I read of one contracting a disease while being"supervised" by its owner.

Buck

I have a question, if my parents used pesicideson their backyard this year, but won't use it next year, can i take mybunny outside there next year?

By the way, Loppy Earred Mom, you can use your lecture giving experience for the topic Potential bunny owner. :)

AnnaS wrote:
Ihave a question, if my parents used pesicides on their backyard thisyear, but won't use it next year, can i take my bunny outside therenext year?
I guess that would depend somewhaton the rate of growth ofthe grass, but I think I would stay away from that grass foranother year, just on general principle.

JMHO

Buck

Back