Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting aaah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacygirl

Reaction score
Hello it me Rachel again. Warren'sRabbitry. Check out my website atwww.myspace.com/legacygirl.I fix it better now. Anyway our rabbit mini lop isdue anytime now, all the waiting is driving me nuts. I beenup all night this whole weeks to make sure she'll be okay, if thebabies are born, they are okay. She just finish hergestration periods. Anyone who feel the same way as I amwaiting for the little one to be born and feeling so excited afterwaiting 28 days. I just want to share the new, would not mindchatting with anyone since I am waiting for her. I am bored.and waiting sheesh.

I am moving this to the rabbitry area where the breeders tend to hang out.

Peg

Haha, I get the same way. I usuallyjust about go nuts waiting unless I have other baby bunnies at thetime, or have shows or other things to keep my mind entertained anddistracted. I hate not knowing in advance what they are goingto look like and how many there will be. But that's part ofthe excitement of raising rabbits. It's always different andyou have to wait. It's like christmas. The more youwait, the more excited you get! Just hope she has them soon and doesn'tdecide to make you wait an extra three days by having them late. :)

Yeah i'm the same i have 4 does due tday ortomorrow and they are all getting ready so its gonna be a long nightjust crossing my fingers we get something this time. Its exciting plusi get good cuddles as my does get very sooky when they are due. Hopeyou get something soon Polly.

Do anyone feel the same as I do? My rabbit isdue anytime now to give birth. I feel like I am the onegiving birth not the rabbit being anxious etc. You know whatI mean?

I have been breeding since 1991 and I still getanxious with EVERY litter. I am usually nervous that somecomplication will come up and I won't be there for the doe.Only happened twice so far. Good Luck with yourlitter. Can't wait to hear the good news...:colors:

Sharon

My rabbit is on her 30 day from gestrationperiod. She not any where near in labor. Should Ibe concern? We don't have money to take her to vet right thismoment. I had female dutch before, but she never have problemof birthing. Julie the mini lop is fine acting normal etc, Icheck her abnorman and there are babies. I was wondering whyshe not going in labor, if there anything I can do to help her go inlabor. Please give me advice.
PS we do have money to care for the rabbits, feed them. All Iam saying we just don't have money to take her to vet rightnow. Because of the IRS. We owe them money.

Poor you i only had one litter but it was thelongest month of my life! 31 days is the most common for birth so don'tpanic! Mine was on day 31 as well so maybe yours will tom?

You won't see her go into labor until rightbefore giving birth. I am talking minutes before.You will see her start to pull fur and make a nest. She willmost likely have them on the night of the 31st day. Don'tpanic until about the 35th day. Keep us updated.

Sharon

I usually panic on day 34....but really - at this point - you shouldn't be panicing...

I bet you'll have babies fairly soon.

Peg

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
You won't seeher go into labor until right before giving birth. I amtalking minutes before. You will see her start to pull furand make a nest. She will most likely have them on the nightof the 31st day. Don't panic until about the 35thday. Keep us updated.

Sharon

I forgot to mention. The mother is a purebredmini lop the father is a purebred holland lop. Should that bea problem with birthing?

I wouldn't think so as the mama is bigger than the dad. It is when the dad is bigger than the mom that I get concerned...

Peg

Legacygirl wrote:
I forgot to mention. Themother is a purebred mini lop the father is a purebred hollandlop. Should that be a problem with birthing?

Guess what Julie is going in to labor. Shemaking nest and pulling fur right now.Yes.:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Around here it is "however long it takes"...canbe hours from when they start to nest...can be minutes....just dependsupon the doe.

Peg

Legacygirl wrote:
Anyone know what the average for doe rabbit to give birth?

Julie gave birth to 5 cute squirmybaby lops. Some are broken, some are solid. One isdefinatley black. Anyway I don't think she nurse the babies,when do I step in and hand feed them?

Also one of the baby's placenta is not off of the baby, she forgot to get rid of the placenta it still attached. Any panic?

PS this is the first time I witness a birth. It a mircle and amazing. I never did witness before.

Eeep... I don't know what to do about the placenta, it needs to be removed, but I'm not sure how you should go about doing that.

As for the feeding, it may take mom up to 24 hours to feed the babiesfor the first time. Bunnies only feed their babies once ortwice a day and generally when no one is around, so you most likelywill not see her feeding. She will stand over them and allowthem to feed from underneath her.

If by tomorrow morning they don't have full round looking bellies, Iwould try to help mom feed them. Take mom and put her in thenest box. Give her some treats, nose rubs, or anything tokeep her calm so her milk can drop. Try to let the babiesfeed for at least 5 minutes.

She should get the idea after a couple times. But keepputting her on the nest twice a day until she starts doing it on herown.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back