Waffle's Cardboard Cavern of Doom!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

featpete

Reaction score
I've been adding more and more cardboard boxes to Waffle's play area (which has now taken over a good chunk of my bedroom) and decided to make him a 2-story condo today! The condo turned out better than expected but it took Waffle a bit to learn how to get to the second floor. He prefers to enter/exit through the windows rather than use the stairs.

View of all the boxes and whatnot
CIMG1589.jpg

Checking out his new 2-story condo that I just built earlier today!
CIMG1590.jpg

Closer view of the condo
CIMG1588.jpg

He learned to get to the second floor of his condo with the enticement of food. He did wipe out a couple of times trying to make it there.
CIMG1595.jpg

Love it! For your ramps, I wonder if those stick on strips of sandpaper-like stuff used for human stairs (usually in comnmercial applications) would work better. I have no idea what the stuff is called.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Love it! For your ramps, I wonder if those stick on strips of sandpaper-like stuff used for human stairs (usually in comnmercial applications) would work better. I have no idea what the stuff is called.
i use those in all my buns cages...they work excellent! but they are hard to clean.

Oh I didn't know you could use sandpaper! Maybe I'll have to try that because he seems to be using his windows rather than the stairway. Thanks for the tip!

That's absolutely awesome. We've been using boxes for our buns and making mazes and hiding spots for them for 8 years now--never thought of a two story job though. We'd have to get re-inforcements though, as one of ours is a Checkered Giant and she weighs 17 pounds.

Back